Allow global find-and-replace in user modules

Ideas and suggestions about new features
ErikJon

Allow global find-and-replace in user modules

Post by ErikJon »

There are many user modules that have been uploaded to websites for quick distribution, without good-quality formatting applied to them. Some of them have repeated headers and footers, meaningless page numbers in the middle of the text, broken links, and so on. I sometimes take the time to polish these modules, to make them more legible and more useful. I can search-and-replace repeated headers, for example, to remove them quickly within any one topic, but when there are over 100 topics to repair, it becomes too much work. Sometimes I just want to replace the Roman numerals with Arabic equivalents. Anyway, if you could somehow allow global find-and-replace throughout an entire module, it would be very helpful in many ways.

Forgive me if I have already suggested this before. I don't remember, and don't have time to search.
I'm an Independent Baptist running TheWord portable v 5.0.0.1481 from an external 500GB hard drive with over 1,900 modules installed and loaded in my current module set. I'm using 32-bit Vista Ultimate SP1 with a 2.7gHz processor and 4GB RAM.
JG

Re: Allow global find-and-replace in user modules

Post by JG »

Suggested before, but it won't be implemented.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet