Store or copy into memory, individ. custom module-set nodes

Ideas and suggestions about new features
ErikJon

Store or copy into memory, individ. custom module-set nodes

Post by ErikJon »

This year I have been experimenting with new module-set layouts, so as not to keep all of my modules open in one bookview window, and thereby have to sort through a series of subfolders until I reach the subject category needed. Of course, having a module set with only one subject-matter inside allows me to display all o the modules at once, by means of the tabs. (Something eSword seems to do by default, a feature which I have found to be very handy recently)

However, I generally start with my comprehensive module-set layout, before creating anew one, eliminating everything that I will not need in the new set, removing all the needed modules from their many subfolders and combining them all into one set a the root level, or else, into one folder at the root level. I save the new set with a new name.

Then, the next day, it occurs to me that that new set would also be convenient to insert into another existing set, such as a "daily reading set" for example, containing only two folders at the root level: one for dictionaries and one for commentaries, and eliminating all the folders and books therein on miscellaneous subjects. However, I soon discover that the "Define Module Sets" window does not allow me to copy nodes for pasting into another existing or soon-to-be-created module set. The fifteen minutes that I spent creating the first set, removing the subfolders, removing duplicates, and weeding out undesired modules that I discovered along the way, seem to be lost forever when creating the new "daily reading set," as I must start from scratch in the new set, and repeat the entire process.

Would it not be nice to be able to move any new user set over to the left pane, as a sort of "storage" space, so that I could then create new module sets in the right pane, and drag my custom sets over whenever necessary so as not to have to recreate them from scratch? I hope that my screenshot demonstrates well what I mean; notice the blue line showing where I might arbitrarily move a new user set under those circumstances.

Otherwise, to be able to "copy" an entire node of modules, complete with all its subfolder structure, so that I could paste it into another set somewhere (as long as it was in memory), would be an excellent alternative.
Attachments
TW allow new sets to be copied, combined, stored.jpg
TW allow new sets to be copied, combined, stored.jpg (144.2 KiB) Viewed 1599 times
I'm an Independent Baptist running TheWord portable v 5.0.0.1481 from an external 500GB hard drive with over 1,900 modules installed and loaded in my current module set. I'm using 32-bit Vista Ultimate SP1 with a 2.7gHz processor and 4GB RAM.