Portable Cloud Version

Ideas and suggestions about new features
snakyjake

Portable Cloud Version

Post by snakyjake »

I'd like a truly portable/cloud version of theWord.

I have multiple devices (phones, tables, desktop, laptops, watch, etc).
I have multiple OS's (Mac, iOS, Windows, Linux, Android)

Perhaps the simplest is a web version.

Most important, I take a lot of study notes with theWord. I want to keep my notes in the cloud (hosted on google, dropbox, etc), and synchronized between devices.

I'd be satisfied with a web version of theWord, with cloud support for my notes.
forrestcupp

Re: Portable Cloud Version

Post by forrestcupp »

This won't help with different devices and OSes, but it may help someone with multiple Windows computers.

I installed theWord with the portable installation, and I installed it to my Google Drive folder. That way I can open it with the exact same settings, books, and notes on any computer I have that has my Google Drive account (Backup & Sync). That was a big help to me because before that, I was trying to install the same books and keep everything set up the same on two separate laptops. Now I don't have to worry about all of that.
sandia1

Post by sandia1 »

I've been looking for something like this for 3 years. There just really isn't anything available. There is Olive Tree which is the closest, but it's not really up to The Word, E-Sword, or SwordSearcher. I would be willing to pay for a web version or something that worked and synced across multiple platforms.
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

If one gets a windows based tablet this works with that. The only thing it doesn't then is a phone. Which there are alternatives. They are not as good but this is what I do.
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
sandia1

Post by sandia1 »

jonathangkoehn wrote:If one gets a windows based tablet this works with that. The only thing it doesn't then is a phone. Which there are alternatives. They are not as good but this is what I do.
Which alternatives are you referring to?
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

I believe there is software that uses theWORD free modules for the ipad. If you search the forums you should find it. Also mysword for Android may be an alternative you could use for phone. However I've not found any of these to measure up to theWORD that is why I have a windows 10 tablet.
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
sandia1

Post by sandia1 »

jonathangkoehn wrote:I believe there is software that uses theWORD free modules for the ipad. If you search the forums you should find it. Also mysword for Android may be an alternative you could use for phone. However I've not found any of these to measure up to theWORD that is why I have a windows 10 tablet.
Do you know if The Word modules can be used with MySword?
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Unencrypted modules can be converted with a set of scripts on the MySword download page. They work very well. Also BibleStudy.com has a MySword module download page, as does Dr. Dave on his page. The deluxe version of MySword opens up some EXTREMELY useful features. I run 8 Gib of modules on MySword on my Amazon Fire 8 HD tablet.

Darrel