Behavior of Book Module

Discuss the beta released of theWord. Submit bugs and ideas concerning the beta releases.
DarrelW

Behavior of Book Module

Post by DarrelW »

I have many book modules created, in particular for this email a commentaries module and a "my ont commentaries" modules. When I open TW the commentaries book view always opens to the module I have selected, which is "my ont commentaries", but when I select "define module sets" that module set is not selected, so when I change the module set contents the revised contents are not saved. Is there a reason why the book view appears to "lose" the module it is set to? Thanks!

Darrel
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Behavior of Book Module

Post by csterg »

I am close to understand, but i miss something. Is it possible to elaborate pls?
Costas
Doctordavet

Post by Doctordavet »

Darrel,

I occasionally accidentally enter a new set name when adding books to a set. It then looks identical (technically, it is just like an accidental "save as" maneuver) to a set I have; but I've accidentally renamed it.

Check your total sets, and make sure you haven't accidentally created a new one.
Dave
Free Modules at
http://www.DoctorDaveT.com
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Hi Dave,
Nope, there is only the one set - no strays. :wink:

Darrel
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Okay, here is an example of the behavior I am referring to. This is a picture of a book module that is supposed to have the "My Dictionaries" checked. It contains, as you can see the correct dictionaries, but the module "My Dictionaries" is not checked. So if I make changes to the module and go to save it nothing is saved. I must physically remember to check the "My Dictionaries" module before making changes.

Darrel
Attachments
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_1.png (512.94 KiB) Viewed 3881 times
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Hi Darrel,
i cannot repeat this issue. Jon, any ideas?
Costas
JG

Post by JG »

Hi Darrel,

So, you choose a module set, then you make or install another module for example and theWord offers to put it into the view of the set you had chosen. Now when you look to see what module set is checked in the menu, you find there is none checked, Correct?

If yes is your answer, then this has been "normal" behaviour, even though it seems a little strange, as you would expect it to add the module to the set you had selected. The extract from that dialog indicates that the module is only added to the view and not the set.

---------------------------
theWord
---------------------------
The following new modules have been detected:
- testing

Would you like to make sure that all these will be visible in your Book views?

If you choose 'Yes', the program will try to 'fit' these new modules in existing 'Book views or create new ones to accommodate them. You will get a confirmation dialog for each of the new modules.

If you choose 'No', then these modules may or may not appear in some of your Book views, according to your settings. In any case you can manually add them to a Book view by using the 'Define module sets' dialog.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Hello Jon,
No this does not appear to be my case. I have tested with 1. starting TW and everything is checked as it should be, 2. closing TW and adding a new commentary module then starting TW and choosing not to add the module to any views, 3. closing TW. When I open TW sometimes the correct is checked and sometimes it is not. Just to set the table straight I have a completely standard installation of TW.

Darrel