Color Icons in Bible View

Discuss the beta released of theWord. Submit bugs and ideas concerning the beta releases.
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Color Icons in Bible View

Post by csterg »

Leoram wrote:It does work Costas, but it doesn't if another application is running http://antibody-software.com/web/softwa ... the-mouse/ . :(
Haha, this is an app that hijacks the mouse wheel for all those programs that do not work like that :)
What is funny is that theWord already has this feature (e.g. scrolling the window under cursor without a click), and even more has the ability to do the special scrolling you see there.... speechless
Costas
Leoram

Post by Leoram »

csterg wrote:
Leoram wrote:It does work Costas, but it doesn't if another application is running http://antibody-software.com/web/softwa ... the-mouse/ . :(
Haha, this is an app that hijacks the mouse wheel for all those programs that do not work like that :)
What is funny is that theWord already has this feature (e.g. scrolling the window under cursor without a click), and even more has the ability to do the special scrolling you see there.... speechless
Costas
OK. I have uninstalled that and installed an alternative: http://ehiti.de/katmouse/ that allows me more control, as it provides for application-specific settings. This way I can tell it to ignore theWord. It works as expected for me. However, when I set up the option in tW to "Mouse wheel move (or should be moves?) :) to previous and next verse (instead of scrolling the view)", then the normal scrolling of the Bible pane doesn't behave as expected. With the icons and the above option cleared up I can get the two results.
Last edited by Leoram on Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Leoram
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Leoram wrote:OK. I have uninstalled that and installed an alternative: http://ehiti.de/katmouse/ that allows me more control, as it provides for application-specific settings. This way I can tell it to ignore theWord. It works as expected for me. However, when I set up the option in tW to "Mouse wheel move (or should be moves?) :) to previous and next verse (instead of scrolling the view)", then the normal scrolling of the Bible pane doesn't behave as expected. With the icons and the above option cleared up I can get the two results.
Well, you have to choose what you want, you can't have both
toconvertvid

Post by toconvertvid »

Getting back to the color (or lack thereof) of the icons . . .

Are the black & white icons here to stay? :( :(
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

toconvertvid wrote:Getting back to the color (or lack thereof) of the icons . . .

Are the black & white icons here to stay? :( :(
I Would say yes, but seeing the responses here, I do have some second thoughts. I am giving the issue some time to see if you can get used to it or not
Sujith JP

Post by Sujith JP »

I too have prefer black and white..
Last edited by Sujith JP on Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leoram

Post by Leoram »

csterg wrote:
Leoram wrote:OK. I have uninstalled that and installed an alternative: http://ehiti.de/katmouse/ that allows me more control, as it provides for application-specific settings. This way I can tell it to ignore theWord. It works as expected for me. However, when I set up the option in tW to "Mouse wheel move (or should be moves?) :) to previous and next verse (instead of scrolling the view)", then the normal scrolling of the Bible pane doesn't behave as expected. With the icons and the above option cleared up I can get the two results.
Well, you have to choose what you want, you can't have both
Costas, I would like to expand a little bit more on this subject: The synchronization of the windows panes in tW is not always intended on my part, as most of the times I want my focused verse in the other panes unmoved, and one of the features I like more in theWord is its amazing flexibility. I think this make sense Costas.

I would also like to further comment on the color icons. Is there any possibility to address how the icons look like using skins, or make it an option?
Leoram
Scribe

Post by Scribe »

If the color caused my system to slow down considerably I would probably try it with out for a while (would like to have a toggle switch or some code though to make changes for future) but if it didn't make a difference I'd leave the color.

If it's a matter of the software having a need to be more user friendly to a larger user base and cause them to get into the "Word of God" than it's a different story. So I guess what I'm thinking is, the lack of color wouldn't cause me to not use tW.

It's not a deal breaker either way!
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Even though I prefer the color I am the same as Scribe - it is not a deal breaker either way. TW rocks period! Love ya Costas.

Darrel
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

The idea behind this is to make theWord user-friendlier to newcomers.
One of the things to do is try to un-clutter the UI, starting from reducing number of colors
Costas
toconvertvid

Post by toconvertvid »

I don't see the connection between b/w icons and making the program more easy for newcomers;
but then again, I've never written a program. :)
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Well, the connection is that the user is not distracted too much :)
Costas
Christopher29

Post by Christopher29 »

I also prefer the color icons over the black and white, but either way, I'm happy. Very nice Bible program!