Highlighting copied text [FIXED]

Discuss the beta released of theWord. Submit bugs and ideas concerning the beta releases.
John45

Highlighting copied text [FIXED]

Post by John45 »

I have noticed that starting some time back, when I copy a block of text into MS Word and attempt to select part for underlining of highlighting, for some reason it will not let me do what I want. Let us take Dan 4:37 (KJV) for example. If I start at the end of the verse and move toward the front, all goes well until I get to "able," then it jumps to "he." As I continue on, when I hit "pride," it jumps to "in;" continuing on, when I hit "walk," it jumps to the colon following "judgment;" continuing on, when I hit "judgment" it jumps to front of "judgment;" continuing on, when I hit "ways," it jumps to the comma following "truth." This same behavior continues throughout the verse and also if I go from beginning to end. So, when I need to do this, I must copy from another bible program whose copied text doesn't act this way.

This seems like a very odd situation, but thought you would like to know about it.

John
John
JG

Re: Highlighting copied text

Post by JG »

Hi,
I am not sure what Costas will do about this, but it is copying the text with the underlying hyperlink info. What you can do in MS Word is select the text and then press Ctrl+shift+F9 and it will delete all the link info in the selected text. Now it should underline properly.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
John45

Re: Highlighting copied text

Post by John45 »

Thanks for the tip, Jon. I tried it and it works as you said.

John
John
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Highlighting copied text [1362 onward]

Post by csterg »

Jon,
this is not new behavior: this is because of the hidden strong/morph links, correct?
Costas
JG

Post by JG »

csterg wrote:Jon,
this is not new behavior: this is because of the hidden strong/morph links, correct?
Costas
No, this is new renderer behaviour. (for MS Word 2010 it is not so bad because you get the text properly formatted) however:-

In OO you get worse results. [paste special as rtf]
If you have Strong's hidden, then paste is just the verse number. If Strong's are not hidden, it will strangely paste just the Strong's numbers and no text.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

fixed in build 1381,
Costas
John45

Re: Highlighting copied text [FIXED]

Post by John45 »

Thanks Costas. I appreciate you work and your attention to this matter.

John
John