King James (AV)

Discussion on theWord modules and other resources
Opv

King James (AV)

Post by Opv »

Is there a module for the notes made by the translators of the KJV?
Jeff

Re: King James (AV)

Post by Jeff »

You can view the notes for the KJV. Just click on the Bible View and press the F key (they can easily be toggled on and off this way). Or click on the little down arrow next to the options for the Bible View on the bottom of the toolbar on the left of the Bible view (on my setup at least, and there are other ways to set up preferences also) and it will give you this, and many other options.

Also if you click on the Bible Options, and then "Footnotes and Cross-references" and can select how they're displayed. (Mine shows as a little number link at the end of the verse which is unobtrusive but hard too see.)

I hope my description is clear. There are so many ways to set this program to your liking.
Jeff

Using theWord Beta on MX Linux via Wine.
Opv

Post by Opv »

Jeff wrote:You can view the notes for the KJV. Just click on the Bible View and press the F key (they can easily be toggled on and off this way). Or click on the little down arrow next to the options for the Bible View on the bottom of the toolbar on the left of the Bible view (on my setup at least, and there are other ways to set up preferences also) and it will give you this, and many other options.

Also if you click on the Bible Options, and then "Footnotes and Cross-references" and can select how they're displayed. (Mine shows as a little number link at the end of the verse which is unobtrusive but hard too see.)

I hope my description is clear. There are so many ways to set this program to your liking.
Oh, OK. Thanks! I misunderstood what the footnotes were. I had what I was wanting and wasn't aware of it. Thanks again for the clarification.

Opv
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

If you do desire them in a separate book view like a commentary; it appears that the Treasury of Scripture Knowledge incorporates the KJV foot notes with expanded cross-references.

I never realized this before.
Jeff

Using theWord Beta on MX Linux via Wine.
Opv

Post by Opv »

Jeff wrote:If you do desire them in a separate book view like a commentary; it appears that the Treasury of Scripture Knowledge incorporates the KJV foot notes with expanded cross-references.

I never realized this before.
Thanks for pointing this out.