[www.theword.net]

Twitter live feed  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 A Conservative Version NT (miniscule edition) Version 2 

Post Re: A Conservative Version NT (miniscule edition) Version 2
DarrelW wrote:
Steve, that is funny! But I could just shake it and have Gospel Soup! :lol:

*sigh*

Well now I have to do this: Image

Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:40 am

Can someone explain how this module works? I've read the "Info," but I'm not seeing what it says I should be seeing. I'm only seeing the English all-caps portion, with no Strong's Numbers or grammatical codes. I'm not seeing the more "normal" English translation, nor the original Greek.

Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:39 pm

There is a toggle for Greek. Click in the Bible view to make it is active and press the "G" key, which will act to toggle.
As to the Strong's and Morphology they are the usual keys, S and M. Check what settings you have.

OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet

Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:48 pm

JG wrote:
There is a toggle for Greek. Click in the Bible view to make it is active and press the "G" key, which will act to toggle.
As to the Strong's and Morphology they are the usual keys, S and M. Check what settings you have.

Well that's pretty cool.

Is there anything that *explains* the grammatical codes? For instance, I have the (actual physical) Hebrew-Greek Key Study Bible with various tools by Spiros Zodhiates. It includes a two-page section of grammar codes with a one-paragraph explanation of each, but the abbreviations are not the same as the ones in The Word.

Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:46 am

From within theWord you would need to have the Robinson's Morphological Analysis Codes (RMAC-en) installed. Check in the Add Titles from theWord. Also you would need to have this set as the morphology for the Bible in the Bible view options.

OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet

Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:44 am

JG wrote:
From within theWord you would need to have the Robinson's Morphological Analysis Codes (RMAC-en) installed. Check in the Add Titles from theWord. Also you would need to have this set as the morphology for the Bible in the Bible view options.

Thanks. On checking settings, I saw it was set to only display the Robinson's data when ctrl was pressed.

I'd like to have a module that briefly *explains* the terms, but I can make do with that little portion of the Key Word Study Bible I mentioned earlier. It's sufficient for my minimal level of Greek knowledge.

Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:33 am

UBC4ME wrote:
I am sorry for the previous posts. After reading the information on the module is see the author states "The words “tho,” “thos,” “tha,” “thas,” and “thes” in my translation are not misspellings, they are words I coined in order to compensate for the lack of an English equivalent." I do apologize for my failure to research.

If analyzed using the parsing codes, it seems the ff. are true:

tho = singular masculine (definite article)
thos = plural masculine (definite article)
tha = singular feminine (definite article)
thas = plural feminine (definite article)

Edmund

Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:45 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2