Scrivener's Textus Receptus

Discussion on theWord modules and other resources
Opv

Scrivener's Textus Receptus

Post by Opv »

Does anyone have a module for Scrivener's Greek Bible (Textus Receptus) with accents?
preahkumpii

Re: Scrivener's Textus Receptus

Post by preahkumpii »

The closest thing available is the Stephanus Textus Receptus with accents found at the website here. I think the text you are requesting is the text used by the Trinitarian Bible Society in their printed version. I have requested permission for this text, but they have not responded. In reality, the Stephen's TR with accents is very similar. I actually tried to make the module you are requesting, including Strong's numbers and Greek morphology, but it was more work that I was willing to put into it, to add the Strong's and morphs from a non-accented to an accented text. However, I did notice the differences are almost unnoticeable.
Adam
Opv

Post by Opv »

Thanks, Adam. I have the Stephanus module you mentioned. You are correct that there are very few and only minor differences between his and the Schivener's Textus Receptus. If the source I read is correct, there are purportedly only about 283 or so variants between the two.

I'd still really like to find Scrivener's text. Maybe it will become available eventually.

Opv
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Opv wrote:Does anyone have a module for Scrivener's Greek Bible (Textus Receptus) with accents?
Check the web site New Jerusalem.org. It is run by Wade Balzer, who did an amazing job of reconstructing a Scrivener text with accents! It is in the OSIS xml format. I successfully converted it to a Word module using a program. The file may be obtained by contacting Wade at his web site.
Hope that this will be a blessing to Word users as it has been to me!!
Blessings,
John.