[www.theword.net]

Twitter live feed  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:20 am



Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Byzantine Textform 2005 NT with accents, parsing, lemma, etc 
Author Message

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:54 am
Posts: 20
Post Re: Byzantine Textform 2005 NT with accents, parsing, lemma,
RubioTerra wrote:
lwq wrote:
The files on http://www.byztxt.com/ have not been updated in many years. You should get the latest files at https://sites.google.com/a/wmail.fi/gre ... me/greeknt. [...]
As for these updates, I took the time to compare them against the files from http://www.byztxt.com: indeed there are differences, nothing too dramatic, though -- some punctuation and several genres modified. I'll include them in the next release.
Please get the updated module in the first post.

There were mistakes in the parsings, which have been corrected in the latest version at that website in the file called BYZ-PRSD.ZIP (https://sites.google.com/a/wmail.fi/gre ... edirects=0). I just downloaded your module but it doesn't seem corrected (such as the 1st word of 1 John 1:1, which should be "R-NSN"). Anyway I know that it's a lot of work, and I'm sure many like me will appreciate your work in creating these modules regardless. :)


Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:34 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:13 pm
Posts: 713
Location: Brasília, Brazil
Post Re: Byzantine Textform 2005 NT with accents, parsing, lemma,
I'll recreate the module using the updated files as soon as I find some spare time.

_________________
Rúbio R. C. Terra
Brasília/DF - Brasil


Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:12 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:23 pm
Posts: 268
Post Re: Byzantine Textform 2005 NT with accents, parsing, lemma,
Has this module ever been made an official one?

Quote:
lwq wrote:
I just downloaded your module but it doesn't seem corrected (such as the 1st word of 1 John 1:1, which should be "R-NSN")

As far as the error in 1 John 1:1, first word, I have the official Byz, TR, TRa, and WH, and they all say R-ASN instead of R-NSN, so do all these need corrected also?


Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:39 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:13 pm
Posts: 713
Location: Brasília, Brazil
Post Re: Byzantine Textform 2005 NT with accents, parsing, lemma,
toconvertvid wrote:
Quote:
lwq wrote:
I just downloaded your module but it doesn't seem corrected (such as the 1st word of 1 John 1:1, which should be "R-NSN")

As far as the error in 1 John 1:1, first word, I have the official Byz, TR, TRa, and WH, and they all say R-ASN instead of R-NSN, so do all these need corrected also?
I'm no Greek expert, but I do understand that the correct is R-NSN, nominative case instead of accusative. All these modules -- Byz, TR, TRa and WH -- got the morphology from the same source, that's why they agree.

_________________
Rúbio R. C. Terra
Brasília/DF - Brasil


Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:19 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:54 am
Posts: 20
Post Re: Byzantine Textform 2005 NT with accents, parsing, lemma,
RubioTerra wrote:
toconvertvid wrote:
Quote:
lwq wrote:
I just downloaded your module but it doesn't seem corrected (such as the 1st word of 1 John 1:1, which should be "R-NSN")

As far as the error in 1 John 1:1, first word, I have the official Byz, TR, TRa, and WH, and they all say R-ASN instead of R-NSN, so do all these need corrected also?
I'm no Greek expert, but I do understand that the correct is R-NSN, nominative case instead of accusative. All these modules -- Byz, TR, TRa and WH -- got the morphology from the same source, that's why they agree.

Yes to both. Those parsings were all done by Maurice Robinson and the updated versions on his website have all been corrected. It's just one test example that is easy to remember since many places online have used some version of his parsings.

RubioTerra wrote:
I'll recreate the module using the updated files as soon as I find some spare time.

Thanks again, and take your time! :)


Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:43 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:04 pm
Posts: 886
Location: Colorado, United States
Post Re: Byzantine Textform 2005 NT with accents, parsing, lemma,
Would it be possible to put this in the Official Repository? or on wordmodules.com
It is a wonderful resource. I would like to use it in a tutorial for theWORD since it has comparable quality to NA27/28
Thanks

_________________
Jonathan Koehn @ http://www.thewordbooks.com
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” (NET2)


Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:17 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:13 pm
Posts: 713
Location: Brasília, Brazil
Post Re: Byzantine Textform 2005 NT with accents, parsing, lemma,
Module posted to wordmodules.com.

_________________
Rúbio R. C. Terra
Brasília/DF - Brasil


Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:20 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:04 pm
Posts: 886
Location: Colorado, United States
Post Re: Byzantine Textform 2005 NT with accents, parsing, lemma,
Thank you brother appreciate it!!

_________________
Jonathan Koehn @ http://www.thewordbooks.com
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” (NET2)


Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:09 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:04 pm
Posts: 886
Location: Colorado, United States
Post Re: Byzantine Textform 2005 NT with accents, parsing, lemma,
Greetings Rubio,
Could you build a module that has the theory behind this Greek Bible? So that it could act as a companion to this Bible?
I appreciate how Maurice Robinson and Pierpoint went to great detail on that.

_________________
Jonathan Koehn @ http://www.thewordbooks.com
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” (NET2)


Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:40 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:13 pm
Posts: 713
Location: Brasília, Brazil
Post Re: Byzantine Textform 2005 NT with accents, parsing, lemma,
Yeah, that's a good resource. I can't do that right now, but maybe in the future.

_________________
Rúbio R. C. Terra
Brasília/DF - Brasil


Sun May 03, 2020 1:09 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.790s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]