Lighthouse Bible (2006)

Discussion on theWord modules and other resources
pfpeller

Lighthouse Bible (2006)

Post by pfpeller »

I worked with the author of the Lighthouse Bible to get the latest edition into theWord. An e sword version was recently created, but it is not the latest edition. Lighthouse Bible is an update of the King James Version to update the language. At his site you can see all of the changes that he has made to the King James version listed for each of the 3 editions. I like this version a lot from what I have seen so far. I have not used it enough yet to know how much difference there is to other updates of the King James version like KJ2000, UKJV, and AKJV, but there are differences. The version seeks to be as faithful as possible to the KJV and the manuscripts used for the KJV, while modernizing the language.

He has posted theWord version at the bottom of this page:
https://sites.google.com/site/lighthouseversion/

If people like this version, we are free to also make it into an official module for theWord.

The author states:

The value of the King James Version of the Bible goes beyond what many people realize. First, it is based on a Greek text called the Textus Receptus that in general agrees with the great majority of Bible manuscripts. It includes many phrases left out in many modern versions of the Bible. Second, the translators were devout men and greatly guided by the Holy Spirit. Even in a few cases where there may be questions about whether the KJV agrees with the original manuscripts, the Lord guided the translators so that the words in the KJV are inspirational and uplifting. Thus the entire KJV is inspired and reliable as it is. Thirdly, the KJV was written to have an impressive rhythm and power when it is read. If you try reading it in public you will experience this.

The Lighthouse Bible is an attempt to preserve these three properties as far as possible while updating the language. Not only is the Lighthouse Bible based on the Textus Receptus, it also attempts to follow the translation of the KJV as closely as possible. Finally, the rhythm and style of the KJV is preserved as far as possible. For further information about the Lighthouse Bible check out http://www.lulu.com/...tcsdotuncdotedu .

However, there still is no way to compare with Old English in its beauty and power. How can any modern version compare with the verse "Great peace have they which love Thy law and nothing shall offend them"? Still, for those who prefer a more modern version that is easier to read, the Lighthouse Bible is a possibility. May it be a blessing to you.