[www.theword.net]

Twitter live feed  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 New World Translation Module 

Post New World Translation Module
Hi I am a Jehovah's Witness and I love theWord software. Im using it to make comparative analysis of Youngs Literal translation and Smiths Literal translation with the New World translation. Im finding it very rewarding. I would find it very helpful if there was a module for the New World translation. Could someone direct me to a New World translation module. Or is there a way I can create a module for myself?

Agape!

Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:17 am
Site Admin

Post Re: New World Translation Module
Hello Isaiah and welcome,
I am afraid this translation is not available and I think this is a copyrighted module
Costas

Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:53 am
Profile WWW

Thank you Costas

[Jon] Further posts that would lead to breaking Forum rule 12 have been removed

Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:16 pm

Greetings,
Can a copy of Young's Literal be purchased for the WORD?

Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:07 pm

Yes. There are at least two versions, of 1862 and of 1898. One is more literal than the other.

The module that I stuck with is entitled "ylt.ont", so if you search for "ylt.ont" "theword" and "Bible" as your key words, and I think several options will pop up regarding where to download it. I cannot remember where I got mine, and my slow Internet service will not let me e-mail it to you from where I live.

As for the New World Translation, indeed, it is not officially available, but someone has made a nicely-formatted module out of the 1984 revision, perhaps with written permission from The Watchtower Society for his own personal use. I have seen the module myself, but you will have to contact the Society for permission to proceed.

"And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain. Yea, and we are found false witnesses..." (1Co 15.14-15)

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called...The everlasting Father..."

I'm an Independent Baptist running TheWord portable v 5.0.0.1481 from an external 500GB hard drive with over 1,900 modules installed and loaded in my current module set. I'm using 32-bit Vista Ultimate SP1 with a 2.7gHz processor and 4GB RAM.

Last edited by ErikJon on Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:51 am

http://www.theword.net/bin/get.php/ylt.ont.exe
This is the official YLT from theWord site.

OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet

Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:00 am

Thanks,
CL3

Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:33 pm

Isaiah 4310 wrote:
Hi I am a Jehovah's Witness and I love theWord software. Im using it to make comparative analysis of Youngs Literal translation and Smiths Literal translation with the New World translation. Im finding it very rewarding. I would find it very helpful if there was a module for the New World translation. Could someone direct me to a New World translation module. Or is there a way I can create a module for myself?

Agape!

thank you I also needed the new world translation,
doug.

Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:10 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Sorry we don't have the NWT available for theWord. You can use the online version http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/binav/r1/lp-e
or there are ones for use with tablets https://www.jw.org/en/online-help/jw-library/

OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet

Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]