BIBLE WITH NOTES

Discussion on theWord modules and other resources
garydavid711

BIBLE WITH NOTES

Post by garydavid711 »

I have a Bible that has many notes embedded in the text it will give a number 1 thru 2116
at bottom of page scripture is the note comment matching note number
I HAVE PUT SCRIPTURE ONLY IN BIBLE MODULE
Now i would like to make a book of the notes and put in Book View [2]
THIS IS BEYOND MY PAY GRADE AND WOULD LIKE SOME HELP--
Any takers? I would share
It would be nice if i could set up that when i click on note # in Bible-the note book would pop up giving note--similar like how King James + with Strongs works
Any suggestions or help?
csterg
Site Admin

Re: BIBLE WITH NOTES

Post by csterg »

Hi Gary,
this can be done in many different ways. Before selecting the best way to go ahead, it would be good to know how long these notes are in length.
If these are the usual footnotes found in Bibles, then they are better encoded within the Bible text itself as ... footnotes.
If they are more like extended notes, then it makes sense to have them as a separate book module (like the NET and NETNotes modules). Which is the case?
Costas
garydavid711

Post by garydavid711 »

thanks -you are the best- i will look at those modules and try to duplicate. i have a bible with notes embedded at end of each verse because that is how it was originally set up. i am not that handy with text editor to take from end of each page and move at end of verse with notes easily--the other bible all notes are at end.--i am not sure that is not best like net.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Well, you cannot really check the NET and NETNotes because they are encrypted, but you can see how they work in theWord and see if this is what you are trying to accomplish.
Costas
garydavid711

Post by garydavid711 »

OK-that is what i want to do--I looked -would i format like other bibles and books in text file first then learn how to encrypt?
is there anywhere i can see a example before encryption?
JG

Post by JG »

Hi, Costas asked me to provide you with a link, as this was discussed in the past.

viewtopic.php?p=11722#p11722
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
garydavid711

Post by garydavid711 »

i understand bible format thanks

is it possible for you to send me sample of Note format?
just do not understand lingo -i am not a editor

identifier is nc1 ?

add a bookmark named: b1, b2, ?

thanks again
JG

Post by JG »

garydavid711 wrote:i understand bible format thanks

is it possible for you to send me sample of Note format?
just do not understand lingo -i am not a editor

identifier is nc1 ? In the none Bible module properties.

add a bookmark named: b1, b2, ? A bookmark. Right click in a user module text area and you will see the menu.

thanks again

Here is an example of Gen 1:1 and 4 notes. The id of the module is 2013011318502636369527 Just to make it fairly unique I have used a date and some random numbers. So in the verse.rule you would use this in place of nc1
Your verse.rule in the Bible module would become verse.rule="<N (\d+)>" "<NB toggle=footnotes><a href=tw://2013011318502636369527?t=[vref]#b$1-|_IGNORE_><font color=defclr5><sup>$1</sup></font></a><Nb>
With the example module you will just have the 4 note markers <N 1> to <N 4> to place in the first verse of your Bible at Gen 1:1 if it is an .ont file to get this to work.
Example.cmt.twm.zip
(9.01 KiB) Downloaded 387 times
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
garydavid711

Post by garydavid711 »

thanks but this is way over my head being encrypted and has no reference to how the note should look
here is a sample in text form before ever being converted--i need to know if text format is correct please show in TEXT before conversion--this will have only one note per line on 792 verses. This is matt 1:24

“Behold the virgin shall conceive, and she shall bear a son, and they shall call~ his Name Emmanuail, which is translated, ‘Our Elohim is with us’ ”. <N 1>

<NC 1><40.1.24> 2 ancient Greek mss.(B,D) have “you shall call”; Here are the two readings in Aramaic: owrqnw-“& they shall call” oyrqt-“you shall call” Can we wonder where the alternate Greek reading came from?

ps: can reference be at end of note instead instead front?-sure would help me on editing
JG

Post by JG »

garydavid711 wrote:thanks but this is way over my head being encrypted and has no reference to how the note should look
here is a sample in text form before ever being converted--i need to know if text format is correct please show in TEXT before conversion--this will have only one note per line on 792 verses. This is matt 1:24

“Behold the virgin shall conceive, and she shall bear a son, and they shall call~ his Name Emmanuail, which is translated, ‘Our Elohim is with us’ ”. <N 1>

<NC 1><40.1.24> 2 ancient Greek mss.(B,D) have “you shall call”; Here are the two readings in Aramaic: owrqnw-“& they shall call” oyrqt-“you shall call” Can we wonder where the alternate Greek reading came from?

ps: can reference be at end of note instead instead front?-sure would help me on editing

What reference do you mean?
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
garydavid711

Post by garydavid711 »

<NC 1><40.1.24> this reference
can you just tell me if my text is in the right format?--i just wondered if this could be put at end of note instead at beginning
most important i need to know if this is correct so i can start editing
JG

Post by JG »

Did you get this working for you?

viewtopic.php?p=26490#p26490
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
garydavid711

Post by garydavid711 »

no--i am not having any luck with cmt files installing in windows 8-i put a help question on forum if anyone else having problems
can you give me a yes or no answer if my text format is correct or not?
JG

Post by JG »

Sorry I cannot give an answer as I am confused as to what is going on. All the info you need has been provided in this thread. Perhaps there is an easier option in this case and that would be just to have the footnotes in the Bible text. In that case you just put <RF>Your footnote goes here<Rf> at the appropriate position in your Bible file, and that is it, you will have popups.

Example. Notice the space after the final <Rf>, so that when the footnotes are toggled off that a space remains.
And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass,<RF>grass: Heb. tender grass<Rf> the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
garydavid711

Post by garydavid711 »

i give up-very confusing and a wonder to me