[www.theword.net]

Twitter live feed  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:05 pm



Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Analytic Septuagint with morphology tags 
Author Message

Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:25 pm
Posts: 57
Post Re: Analytic Septuagint with morphology tags
RubioTerra wrote:
This thread have forked into two different topics:
  • Accented LXX + morphology: I do have a working bible module and a companion dictionary. You can get it here.
  • An analytical Greek dictionary based on Perseus data: I also have a working module, but it's quite big (over 500MB). I started experimenting a little with JG's suggestion to use linked topics. It's done, but I didn't test it.

That is great, Rubio. Is the versification still an issue, or is it already fixed? Since I consult the LXX very often, I may annotate and notify you about any issue I find.

As for the analytical Greek dictionary, is it meant to work in TheWord as any other dictionary? 500 MB sounds a little heavy for my machine, but given the relevance of the project, I might test it throughout my works, and provide some feedback from a user perspective.

Thanks again.

Rodrigo Samy


Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:12 am
Profile

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:13 pm
Posts: 714
Location: Brasília, Brazil
Post Re: Analytic Septuagint with morphology tags
Rodrigo Samy wrote:
Is the versification still an issue, or is it already fixed? Since I consult the LXX very often, I may annotate and notify you about any issue I find.
I've used a convertion table Costas provided me with in order to create a KJV compatible module. One potential problem is that this table is at a verse level, but I'm understand the LXX-Massoretic alignment is sometimes at word level. Since I did not validate the whole module manually, I cannot give you a satisfactory answer about its accuracy. The source material does include the whole LXX text, if any one would like to try a manual approach.

Rodrigo Samy wrote:
As for the analytical Greek dictionary, is it meant to work in TheWord as any other dictionary? 500 MB sounds a little heavy for my machine, but given the relevance of the project, I might test it throughout my works, and provide some feedback from a user perspective.
This is the classical Greek Perseus dictionary not a Koine Greek dictionary, so I imagine this has a slightly different use. It has a better chance to help you with any Greek text, provided it covers all classical Greek corpus.

_________________
Rúbio R. C. Terra
Brasília/DF - Brasil


Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:37 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:25 pm
Posts: 57
Post Re: Analytic Septuagint with morphology tags
RubioTerra wrote:
I've used a convertion table Costas provided me with in order to create a KJV compatible module. One potential problem is that this table is at a verse level, but I'm understand the LXX-Massoretic alignment is sometimes at word level. Since I did not validate the whole module manually, I cannot give you a satisfactory answer about its accuracy. The source material does include the whole LXX text, if any one would like to try a manual approach.

Rúbio, that is already a great start! Insofar it is aligned at verse level, no major problems will arise. I have to say I already installed the file, and it works great. It has some "magic" in that it has no Strong numbers, but by clicking any word it usually recognizes the lemma that is attached to it. I think I have read something about such feature, but it is the first module I get using that, and it is simply great.
I cannot validate the whole module manually, but since I have a work to do throughout all Psalms through at least some months, I may check them in particular, being one book where major differences in numbering arise. If you think that is workable, I can annotate any issue I find in the Psalms (or elsewhere, although not thoroughly), giving you some user feedback.

Please speak your mind whether this is workable or not, and by what means.
Anytime, pm me if you want.

RubioTerra wrote:
This is the classical Greek Perseus dictionary not a Koine Greek dictionary, so I imagine this has a slightly different use. It has a better chance to help you with any Greek text, provided it covers all classical Greek corpus.

That is great too! I use a lot Liddell-Scott lexicon (aka Great Scott), either through Diogenes software, or through its theWord dictionary module, or through Perseus site. It would be wonderful to have it working within theWord and recognizing any inflected word, not only the lemmas. If one works with the LXX, it is THE main source to supply whatever LXX word lacking in Strong NT numbers, and it is very helpful in any deeper word study on NT words.

I am ready to test it, no matter the 500 MB size, and give you some user feedback throughout my work. Since I am used to consult Great Scott through several interfaces, I could provide some user user feedback from the point of view of usability, user-friendliness and so forth. Insofar I am able to install it and get it working well enough, I will be using it on a regular basis.

Have you any link to download the module? I am ready to begin using it, like, yesterday. If you do prefer to keep it private while in preliminar testing, pm me anytime you want. Thanks God I have now more regular access to Internet and may be able to go through testing it and providing feedback, since it would be an axial tool through my works.

Thank you for sharing your work, sorry for past projects I was not able to go ahead with.


Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:25 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:13 pm
Posts: 714
Location: Brasília, Brazil
Post Re: Analytic Septuagint with morphology tags
I'm so sorry for the long delay in the response. I've upload the Perseus dictionary to wordmodules.com.

_________________
Rúbio R. C. Terra
Brasília/DF - Brasil


Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:52 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 1.381s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]