Range Limits for Bible Module

Discussion on theWord modules and other resources
Sharemax

Range Limits for Bible Module

Post by Sharemax »

I'm getting a Range Check error (ERangeError) when I install a newly created Bible module (.ont) and open TW initially. Clicking 'OK' on the error message completes the instantiation and indexing processes and the program opens correctly. When I close and reopen TW again everything is fine and I don't get any errors on opening. I can find no errors when using this new .ont module. The text is correct and the notes and references all seem to operate correctly. While I could use the module in this way I would like to understand and remove this initial error so it doesn't occur for others.

In checking the .ont file extensively it has exactly the correct number of verses (1-31102) and they are all registered correctly from Genesis to Revelation. I have a lot of notes (<RF> <Rf>) [about 2500] and references (<RX >) [>5000] throughout and they all seem to work fine, but some of them are quite long. With the scripture text, the note and the reference, the maximum 'verse' length is 1540 characters. Does this 'verse' length exceed a range limit in the program?

Is there anything else that I may have overlooked that could be causing this initial range check error?

Thanks for your help.
Sharemax
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Range Limits for Bible Module

Post by csterg »

Can you pls mail me this .ont file?
Costas
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

In line 10023 you have: <RX 28.17.9+1> which is invalid (e.g. out of Range, thus the RangeError).
Book 28 is Hosea which has 14 chapters: this xref refers to book 17 of Hosea,
Costas
Sharemax

Post by Sharemax »

Thanks so much Costas for your help. Now that I know the core issue I can check the rest of the text for similar problems. I noticed that when I made the correction you identified that I still get a range error when I reload the file. Since I did all the editing of this document in Excel I will write a macro to run through the document and check each reference to insure it is correct and in range.

Thanks again for your quick and valuable response. Seldom, if ever, do you get the software developer to respond to your questions in such a quick and helpful manner! I greatly enjoy using theWord software almost daily. It's truly a great Bible study program and a great gift from you to all of us.
Shalom,
Sharemax
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

You are welcome Sharemax.
Obviously there are more invalid refs, this is why you get more errors; it's good that you are able to check them with a macro.
Costas