Cataloguing Modules and other resources

Discussion on theWord modules and other resources
mickwood

Cataloguing Modules and other resources

Post by mickwood »

Has anyone developed anything which could be used to catalogue all my modules and other resources (such as pdf's, ebooks, etc)? I don't want to add all my modules to the program but simply add them as I am studying a particular topic. So I could search for a topic in the catalogue (such as Holy Spirit), add the resources to theWord, and then create a Module Set. Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions? Many thanks in advance. Mick
JDalrymple

Re: Cataloguing Modules and other resources

Post by JDalrymple »

Not sure if this is what you are looking for ... but I use a library catalog program called BookCAT to keep track of all my digital Bible study resources. I track pdf's, tW modules, doc, and resources from other Bible apps. BookCAT's default template has a field called "Binding" which I use to keep track of the format type. I can create a report (or a query) that searches for a particular resource in a specific binding. So I have bindings for Adobe (pdf), theWord, Internet (html) Kindle (mobi), Word (.doc) Print, etc.

For example, I may have 3 records for the "KJV Bible" one for each the the digital resources I use (theWord, Logos, pdf.). BookCAT is highly customizable so you can change it to meet your needs. I also tag all my resources by indicating: Type, Category, and Sub-category, e.g. Bible—English—NT or Commentary—Series—1John. This way I can find all commentaries, on say Romans and determine what device or app I can view them on.
mickwood

Re: Cataloguing Modules and other resources

Post by mickwood »

This is really helpful and sounds just what I'm looking for. I'll give it a go. Thanks again :-)