Scofield Reference Bible OMISSIONS

Discussion on theWord modules and other resources
bmwhite1611

Scofield Reference Bible OMISSIONS

Post by bmwhite1611 »

Hello,

I noticed in the Scofield module (1917 edition), that there are several verses, notes, references missing in this module. I have a 1917 Scofield hard copy here with me, and I have checked numerous places (Heb 1:1-3 as an example), and the CENTER COLUMN notes and references are missing in many spots. Is there another version out there with ALL the Old Scofield notes?

Any info would be helpful, thanks.

-B
JG

Re: Scofield Reference Bible OMISSIONS

Post by JG »

I have looked at a few sites and I guess that all have used the same source data, that is missing this data. So there isn't much we can do, unless someone can scan and convert the data to text, and send to Costas.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

I took a look at my printed Scofield Bible and i can't see something missing there.
Can you please post what is missing? Can someone else with a printed Bible verify?
Costas

PS: the center column footnotes and cross-references belong to the Bible translation and NOT to Scofield notes! If you use the KJV you can see the footnotes and xrefs in the Bible view
bmwhite1611

Post by bmwhite1611 »

Where do you see the footnotes in the Bible view? So Scofield didn't write those notes? I thought they were copywritten under his name when he first published it?

-B
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Can someone else provide a more informed answer on this one?
Costas
JG

Post by JG »

There appears to be some digital info here http://bennieblount.com/

-B
But an actual photo from your Bible at Hebrews 1:1 page would verify this.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet