AMGL+ Module Doesn't Appear In Dictionary Popups

Discussion on theWord modules and other resources
Terrie R. Beede

AMGL+ Module Doesn't Appear In Dictionary Popups

Post by Terrie R. Beede »

Hi - I'm new to this board. I have been using "The Word" for about a year now. Prior to that I was using "The Online Bible". I am very interested in the potential of "The Word" for "Poor Man's Exegesis". Although the language resources are older resources, the capabilities of the software are starting to approach those of expensive commercial packages.

My specific question today has to do with the new module - Abbott's "Manual Greek Lexicon of the New Testament" - AMGL+:

I am noticing that it does not appear in dictionary popups when you mouse over Greek text that is tagged with Strong's numbering.

Is there a way to get the dictionary to appear in popups?

Thanks in advance for any guidance - and - Thank you to Costas for making such a terrific product!
JG

Re: AMGL+ Module Doesn't Appear In Dictionary Popups

Post by JG »

Hi, and welcome.
I assume that you got this module from another site? The recent one posted here is the same data but has some enhancements.
viewtopic.php?p=29253#p29253

So why don't you get a popup over Strong's tagged Greek text.
It will only work as a Strong's link popup dictionary and not a word lemma lookup dictionary. Does that make sense?
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
Terrie R. Beede

Post by Terrie R. Beede »

Thanks for the quick response.

I actually have two modules - one I received from the wordmodules.com site a few weeks ago. I noticed the issue then. I saw this one at the "official" site and thought it might have resolved the issue.
I do understand that the dictionary is keyed to Strong's, not lemmas. However, the text I am using is tagged with both Strong's and lemmas. Unfortunately, I can't get the AMGL to show up in a pop up window.

(My preferred primary Greek text is the RP 2005 text from the official theWord site, although I do use others)
JG

Post by JG »

You would need to set the AMGL as the Strong's dictionary in Bible view options to get a popup on Strong's number info.
We would need to add another table for it to work as a Dictionary looking up on the lemma. (not sure/if/when that would be done)

Note: We are currently looking at adding the info to the module so that it will work on embedded lemma.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

updated now