Bible Module Formatting help

Discussion on theWord modules and other resources
GleninTenn

Bible Module Formatting help

Post by GleninTenn »

Greetings,

Relatively new to module creation.

Really just trying to clean up a mess convert...

The conversion comes across with a lot of <CM> tags which "break the rules" (such as)
  • - No <TS> tags at the end of verses
    - No <Cx> tags before or after <TS> tags
    - No <Cx> tags at beginning of lines
In any case, I've tried to manually fix it and am not getting a consistent view in the module after I edit it.

here's a case in point (screenshot of the .ONT file and then viewing the file using theWord 4.0). the problem here is that if I put the <CM>tags on the line before with the <TS> tags, it "breaks" rule 2 above ... I really want some <CM>s (breaks) surrounding the <TS>.

If I put the CMs on the newline, it screws up the verse number placement (as pictured).

The other puzzle is that the <CM>s following "Then Lamech said to his wives:..." seems to have no effect (they should break the lines and provide a dedicated paragraph for the quotation of what Lamech said... no???

Thanks for any pointers you can provide.
RubioTerra

Re: Bible Module Formatting help

Post by RubioTerra »

Hello and welcome, GleninTenn. Your screenshot wasn't posted. But, let me see if I understood what you're describing: you're trying to format paragraphs that start with a passage heading. In that case, the <TS>title<Ts> should come at the start of the first line of your paragraph and the <CM> tag at the end of the previous line. Like this:

Code: Select all

last line of previous paragraph<CM>
<TS>new paragraph's title<Ts>new paragraph's text...
On the second "puzzle", yes, a <CM> tag should break the line and start a new paragraph. Maybe if you post some lines of your file we could help you.
Rúbio R. C. Terra
Brasília/DF - Brasil