Looking for english septuagint with STRONGS

Discussion on theWord modules and other resources
bugger

Looking for english septuagint with STRONGS

Post by bugger »

Can anyone point me to a module of the English Septuagint with Strongs#'s which could be hoovered over?

I have a septuagint without strongs and I found an online resource to use here: http://en.katabiblon.com/us/index.php?t ... nterlin=on when I need to look up something but it would be 10x more convenient to do it right from within theWord.

Thanks for any help !
Rodrigo Samy

Re: Looking for english septuagint with STRONGS

Post by Rodrigo Samy »

Bugger,
there is already a very good official module of theWord which contains the LXX+Strong tags+Interlinear English text, Old and New Testament. It is called Apostolic Bible Polyglot (ABP). The English interlinear text may be easily toggled.

For certain uses, the only shortcoming is that the text is somewhat hybrid regarding its sources, so it does not pertains clearly to any type of text. However, for most uses, except textual critic issues, it is extraordinary.

Mathetes has created also a non-official module with the tagged LXX, which link I have not at hand, now. He harmonized the text he had with Sir Lancelot Brenton translation. If you have the need, I think it is not difficult to find the link in this forum, with a small research.

Good luck and good work! :)
bugger1

Post by bugger1 »

THANK YOU Rodrigo Samy! I have the APBen module but did not realize it had strongs. Also, I believe I found the other module from Mathetes you mentioned but it looks to be Greek only (no English) - here: viewtopic.php?p=8954

p.s. I am the one who made the original post but misplaced my logon info si I created a new logon so I could say thank you !
NorrinRadd

Post by NorrinRadd »

Rodrigo Samy wrote:Bugger,
there is already a very good official module of theWord which contains the LXX+Strong tags+Interlinear English text, Old and New Testament. It is called Apostolic Bible Polyglot (ABP). The English interlinear text may be easily toggled.

For certain uses, the only shortcoming is that the text is somewhat hybrid regarding its sources, so it does not pertains clearly to any type of text. However, for most uses, except textual critic issues, it is extraordinary.

Mathetes has created also a non-official module with the tagged LXX, which link I have not at hand, now. He harmonized the text he had with Sir Lancelot Brenton translation. If you have the need, I think it is not difficult to find the link in this forum, with a small research.

How does this work? I have ABP installed, and I see only the Greek text. No interlinear English, no Strong's number pop-ups.
JG

Post by JG »

It is mentioned in the info for that Bible that you can toggle the interlinear with the "i" key.
Strong's you would also need to check that you have it turned on in Bible options. Once you have it set it also can be toggled with the "s" key, or from the quick menu at the left side of the Bible view, there is a gear icon and a small arrow to the right.. click the arrow for the quick setting toggles (interlinear is not included there as it was a custom built module)
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
NorrinRadd

Post by NorrinRadd »

JG wrote:It is mentioned in the info for that Bible that you can toggle the interlinear with the "i" key.
Strong's you would also need to check that you have it turned on in Bible options. Once you have it set it also can be toggled with the "s" key, or from the quick menu at the left side of the Bible view, there is a gear icon and a small arrow to the right.. click the arrow for the quick setting toggles (interlinear is not included there as it was a custom built module)
Ok, thanks.

I was also a bit slow to figure out the fact that some words will not even *have* Strong's numbers, since they presumably only appear in the NT.
Rodrigo Samy

Post by Rodrigo Samy »

Norrin, sorry for the late answer, only now I saw the new question.

Actually, the team of Apostolic Bible Polyglot created extra numbers for LXX words that do not appear on NT. Thus, they might be numbered as G604.1, .2, .3, &c (that is, supplying the intermediate entries according alphabetical order).

What I do, whenever I study any LXX word, I search its definition in Liddell-Scott Greek Lexicon (the Middle version has a better formatting and thus the reading is clearer, although not so full in content as the full Liddell-Scott). Both versions of Liddell-Scott, so far I remember, are official theWord modules.

Now, after finding the definition, I simply create a new entry in my chosen dictionary, with the exact numbering used by ABP, including the dot. Then I past there the Liddell-Scott definition. Additionally, I use to put a title specifying the entry is from Liddell-Scott and not from Abbott-Smith (my chosen dictionary and the best if you want to see the usage of NT words in the LXX - it has no LXX words, but it list the LXX usage of NT words. Thus, it is the better one to be filled with Liddell-Scott entries).

If one day I reach a full LXX dictionary, I might share it, but for now it grows according my studies progress and time allows - it is far from complete.
Randecio Victor

Post by Randecio Victor »

Olá tudo bom... Se puder me ajudar agradeço...Estou a procura do modulo Strong oficial...Tenho o Strong mas ele não deixa em oculto os códigos no módulo bíblia ARA+Strong...Estou estudando Grego e vi no tutorial de Rubião que pode deixar os códigos na forma de escrita grega e isso me ajudaria bastante nos estudos... Alguem pode me fornecer esse módulo? desde já agradeço.
Randecio Victor

Post by Randecio Victor »

vc tem o Strong oficial o que pode deixar os codigos ocultos na ARA+Strong? se for possível me passe...o strong que tenho não consigo fazer isso mesmo com o módulo de Bíblia ARA+Strong...Abraços!!!
JG

Post by JG »

Isso não existe.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Hi Rodrigo

How did you get TW to jump to those new numbers in your dictionary? I created a new entry in my dictionary (1510.2.3), pasted its definition, closed TW, reopened it, clicked on that number in the ABP Bible, and TW consistently jumps to 1510, not 1510.2.3. Am I missing something?

Darrel
DarkiYahu

Post by DarkiYahu »

Rodrigo Samy wrote:Bugger,

That sounds interesting.