Table of Names Persons and Places - KJV English vs Biblical

Discussion on theWord modules and other resources
Yishai

Table of Names Persons and Places - KJV English vs Biblical

Post by Yishai »

I am putting together a KJV that has all pagan words replaced. I intend making it available at no cost. I would also like to:

Replace all Persons names with an accurate Hebraic transliteration eg: replace John with Yochanan (or Greek Transliteration where relevant)
Replace all Place names with an accurate Hebraic transliteration eg replace Egypt with Mitsrayim (or Greek Transliteration where relevant)

As such I was wondering if anyone has ever seen a table that would already have these that I can use as a basis rather than reinventing the wheel.

As to the Hebraic, I would ideally like both the modern Hebrew and the Biblical Hebrew so I can make a separate translation on each of the two respective basis.

The ultimate would be a spreadsheet or comma separated type file, but I will take whatever I can get as I cannot find anything close yet.

Ideally a format like:

KJV Word* Greek(G)orHebrew(H) Modern Hebrew Translit Biblical Hebrew Translit* Bibliical Hebrew Hebrew Masoretic Greek Translit Greek Strongs#

(For now the two with * are the essential ones, but it would be great to have also the flexibility of the rest)

I know it is a long shot, but worth asking the question as it would save me a lot of working in getting this done.

FYI the reasons I want to use the KJV as a base are as follows:
  • KJV 1769 is still widely available so people have not had to 'relearn' memory scriptures (unlike a lot of versions that keep 'updating' to retain copyrights)
    KJV is linked to Strongs so it is transparent for anyone to easily and quickly see any changes that I have made compared to underlying original language
    It is based on the Majority Text
    It has errors but all of the errors are widely documented (eventually I would like to but a remark in brackets next to each of these known errors)
I will also be placing a remark next to where I have made occasional specific changes, eg Col 2:16 replacing "handwriting of ordinances" with "certificates of debt [cheirographon, was handwriting] from breaking of ordinances" )

If you have any other thoughts on this project, I would also welcome them.

I am close to a Beta version but would like to add the changes of place and people names before I make it available for public input.

Thanks
ALbeSh

Re: Table of Names Persons and Places - KJV English vs Bibli

Post by ALbeSh »

Some time ago, I compiled a list of proper names in the Hebrew Bible. Two versions are in the attached ZIP file. The transliteration fields seem to be different. If the English names are not KJV, let me know, and there should be an earlier version that has it.
Attachments
Names.zip
(66.07 KiB) Downloaded 318 times