Non Breaking Spaces in Module

Discussion on theWord modules and other resources
Tim Mitchell

Non Breaking Spaces in Module

Post by Tim Mitchell »

I am putting the finishing touches on several interlinear modules for our translations. These are Aramaic - English Interlinear modules. I have the aramaic word, the word number (Axxxxx format) which links to our dictionary, and the english meaning of the word. All this needs to be kept together in a group when the program wants to word wrap. Is there a way that I can have non breaking spaces in the module to selectively control where the word groups break to the next line?

Kind Regards,
Tim.
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Non Breaking Spaces in Module

Post by csterg »

Have you tried the standard non-breaking spaces in unicode? The Bible text is a utf8 file, so you might just try to add the actual nbsp there
Costas
Tim Mitchell

Post by Tim Mitchell »

I am having trouble adding a non-breaking space directly in the text (option-space on Mac), because I can't seem to find any way to do that in Notepad++ I was using text wrangler for Mac, but I can't get any module files to work properly in TW when I save them in text wrangler. Currently the only editor that will export good files is Notepad it seems.

What module editing program do you use that works without problems?

Tim.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

in notepad++ (and any other windows program), keep the ALT pressed and use the numeric keypad on the right to type 0160. This will insert a non-breaking space.
Or you can just copy here (there is a single nbsp in the code segment below, it's not empty):

Code: Select all

Costas