Is there an online "change log" for official-module updates?

Discussion on theWord modules and other resources
ErikJon

Is there an online "change log" for official-module updates?

Post by ErikJon »

1. Can anyone tell me whether there is a page with descriptions of all the changes made to each of the updated official modules on the TW website?

The reason that I want to know, is because, if the changes are very minor, I would prefer to continue using the old version, rather than lose all my formatting for the sake of a few punctuation corrections, for example.

2. Also, while the highlighting and formatting is lost on the book modules, the website seems to suggest that none is los on the updated Bible modules. It says:

"If you upgrade a Book module (e.g. commentary, book, dictionary etc) you will lose any user/add-on highlighting you may have performed since the new file will overwrite the old one. This does not apply to any highlighting you may have done on your Bibles, since this information is stored separately from the actual module files."

How can this be? If, for example, an entire word was missing from a certain verse the first version, and it was updated to include the word in the next version, how could the highlighting/underlining remain unaffected in that verse, if only part of the verse was ever highlighted to begin with?
Last edited by ErikJon on Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm an Independent Baptist running TheWord portable v 5.0.0.1481 from an external 500GB hard drive with over 1,900 modules installed and loaded in my current module set. I'm using 32-bit Vista Ultimate SP1 with a 2.7gHz processor and 4GB RAM.
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Module updates change log, formatting lost

Post by csterg »

Erik,
unfortunately there is no such log. It is up to the editor to be careful and write down the changes in the properties of the module.

Concerning the Bibles: well, you are correct: but usually the updates are so minor that the chance of a word being added/removed is small: if something like this happens, you will see your highlighting moving back/forth (depending on the new text). This is small price to 'pay'.

Costas
ErikJon

Re: Is there an online "change log" for official-module upda

Post by ErikJon »

O.K. It was worth a try.

We can't ask for too much, but I think it would be a good idea, in principle.

Thanks.

(By the way, I've changed the subject-heading for this post, as it was very confusing as it was. I must have been asleep when I put the first one)
I'm an Independent Baptist running TheWord portable v 5.0.0.1481 from an external 500GB hard drive with over 1,900 modules installed and loaded in my current module set. I'm using 32-bit Vista Ultimate SP1 with a 2.7gHz processor and 4GB RAM.