Deleting unneeded spaces from module, file size getting bigger not smaller

Discussion on theWord modules and other resources
Ronald.Alan

Deleting unneeded spaces from module, file size getting bigger not smaller

Post by Ronald.Alan »

I am posting this question mostly just to learn something . . . but it would be a bonus if somebody not only can answer the question, but also tell me how to "fix" it.

A while back (probably over 10 years ago) I made a "home-made" module by combining the BDB Hebrew dictionary and Thayer's Greek dictionary into one module. In both original modules, there are extra "spaces" at the end of some of the lines, and in lines with a large amount of text, some words have a double space in between them. Through the years and still going on, I am deleting all these extra spaces as I come across them (in my homemade module). As I do this, I noticed that the file size of the module is getting bigger. I would assume that since I'm deleting something from the module that the size would shrink, not get bigger. Does anyone have any idea why the module size is getting bigger, not smaller?
Ronald.Alan

Re: Deleting unneeded spaces from module, file size getting bigger not smaller

Post by Ronald.Alan »

I forgot to mention, this homemade module is user editable. I'm deleting the extra spaces from it from within theWord program.
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

Do you know if this module started out as RTF?
It is possible if it started as RTF then in user edit it goes to RVF it may change in size somewhat.
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
Ronald.Alan

Post by Ronald.Alan »

I don't really know. But I believe the original two modules were downloaded from the official tW website.