"best" way to see personal Chapter/Book notes

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
steveo

"best" way to see personal Chapter/Book notes

Post by steveo »

Greetings all,
First, I'll give the disclaimer that I'm relatively new to using theWord, but have certainly found it to a wonderful program.

As I look at the "my Verse Notes" functionality, I'm trying to figure out the best way to get visibility into Chapter notes and not overlook them. Searching through the forums I saw discussion from a few years ago on the topic of people excited to get some indication, and it looks like things changed since then, but I didn't really see anything that documented what the related changes were (I'm sure it was there somewhere), so I don't know what features may be tucked away I haven't found. Here's my couple of thoughts having just played with it a little bit...
  • When "scrolling" old school by keyboard you never "see" the chapter notes, right?
  • Given that it's "just" my notes I'd like the option to click on the tab and view all applicable verse/chapter/book notes, but I don't see that toggle anywhere; any chance I'm missing it?
  • Short of that is there any way to change the "Click here to see existing chapter comments on..." hyperlink to a different color so that it stands out from the add new links that are always present?
How do others make use of this effectively? Do I just need to pay better attention? While obviously some textual analysis is at the verse level, many notes obviously make as much/more sense at the chapter level.

Thanks much.
Steve
JG

Re: "best" way to see personal Chapter/Book notes

Post by JG »

There is a short piece of info in the manual.
Also I have made an image to explain (I hope)

Book/Chapter/Verse buttons: these buttons appear only when the current module is a Commentary. From left-to-right, they correspond to Book, Chapter, Verse level comments. They allow you to jump directly to a comment on a different level (if one exists). Each of the 3 buttons is enabled only if the corresponding comment exists. For example, suppose a commentary has comments for Mark (at the Book level), Mark 1 (1st chapter of Mark) and Mark 1:1 (first verse of first chapter of Mark). If you are currently viewing the comments on Mark 1:1, then the Book and Chapter level buttons will allow you to jump to the corresponding Book and Chapter level comments. Remember that a commentary is synchronized to a Bible view on the Verse level comments, then on the Chapter level comments, then on the Book level comments.
BookChapterView.jpg
BookChapterView.jpg (224.25 KiB) Viewed 1027 times
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
steveo

Re: "best" way to see personal Chapter/Book notes

Post by steveo »

Thanks,
Hadn't spotted the B/C/V buttons that appear in the toolbar; since that's in my eyes' path going up and down from Bible to notes that seems easier to train myself to look for than the tree view over to the side when just casually reading. Not sure why I didn't see that in the manual earlier.