Layout menu

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
mathetes

Layout menu

Post by mathetes »

I am trying out beta 3 and the layout menu is grayed out. Is it not able to be used at this time or do I need to enable it in some way?
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

It's temporarily disabled. Will be back with the final version 3
Costas
mathetes

Post by mathetes »

The program is looking good so far. What is your timeline for the final release? I've been trying it under WINE in linux and for the most part it works but opening the option dialog boxes lock it up. I'm also running a virtual machine though to run programs that can't run in linux.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

A rc will be ready soon. It should include most (maybe all) of the features of the final.
I have heard some issues under wine; the options dialog has nothing special and i am surprised it has issues there,
Costas
mathetes

Post by mathetes »

This concept of importing these other translations through a simple GUI interface is brilliant. It might just be the thing that propels your bible program to the top. I've tried it on several versions and it seems to work great.

Another little problem that I see right now is fonts for the greek versions. Under File | Preferences there is an option to set the greek font. But under Tools | Bible View Options there is a selection for the font to use for the bible text. That selection seems to override the option for the greek font. Is there anyway to tell it what font I wish to use for greek bible versions separate from the english versions?
mathetes

Post by mathetes »

I should have mentioned that I downloaded an LXX greek text from ubound bible but don't see how to define a font for it other than changing the font setting for all bible texts.
mathetes

Post by mathetes »

Forget that last question. I found the answer in the FAQ. I missed seeing the option for setting individual bible text fonts in File | Preferences when I was looking through it.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

One more thing:
for each Bible module (which is a simple text file), you can set at the end of it (after line 31102) propeties in the form [name]=[value]. One of these properties is the use of custom fonts.

The property "font=<comma separated list with fonts>" can be used to make the module use any of the fonts there (in that specific order). For example, the following entry:

Code: Select all

font=Gentium,Arial Unicode MS,Tahoma
will make the program try to use these fonts (in that order), if found in the end-users system. This is good because you can include a big list of fonts and the first available will be used. This is a module-level setting that allows the module to use these fonts by default without the end-user having to select any of these special fonts.

Costas