How to turn verse numbers off in Bible View

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
DonP

How to turn verse numbers off in Bible View

Post by DonP »

I would like to set a bible view to not display chapter numbers, headers, footnotes and verse numbers. To display in paragraph format.

I have been able to disable everything but the verse numbers. I would like to be able to read the bible through without any distractions. This would be a true "Readers" Bible.

I am new to this software and forum. I like what I see, and would like to purchase the NASB bundle if I can display it and read it without any distractions. If possible would also love to print the NASB without these distractions for my own personal devotions.

I am asking two questions. First the verse numbers. Second the ability and legality to print this for my personal reading.

Thank you,

Don
csterg
Site Admin

Re: How to turn verse numbers off in Bible View

Post by csterg »

Hello Don and welcome,
although it's not possible to turn off the verse numbers, there is a workaround that will give you the same result: you can set the color of the font of the verse numbers to white (same as background) so the verse numbers are not visible.

Yes, you can print the Bible for your personal use,
Costas
DonP

Post by DonP »

Thank you!

Wonderful news indeed :D

Don
JG

Post by JG »

There has since this been an exprimental option to do this.

- [fix]: added an experimental config option 'hide.verse.numbers=1' to hide the verse numbers. Since this is experimental, it is now only a global option, not a Bible-view specific. This is only a preview feature for testing

In the config.ini file you simply add hide.verse.numbers=1 anywhere in the [General] section of the config.ini file

Obviously it is a bit difficult to keep changing this as you would have to close theWord and alter the file and start theWord again, but it was the principle of the matter that was being tested.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet