Overlooking Modules To Be Placed In Sets

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Overlooking Modules To Be Placed In Sets

Post by csterg »

Build 1270 uploaded with the above mentioned fixes. Tested appreciated as always.
Costas
Teleios

Post by Teleios »

This is a great new feature. I do have one more idea. I would like it if the Define Module Sets window allowed us to choose a set to edit from a drop down of all user-defined sets. Right now it looks like I have to make the user set I want to edit to be the active set. Then when I open the dialog, the selected set is the one shown. I think it would be helpful to be able to edit all user sets directly in the Define Module Sets window.

Just a suggestion.
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Amen!

Darrel
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Teleios wrote:This is a great new feature. I do have one more idea. I would like it if the Define Module Sets window allowed us to choose a set to edit from a drop down of all user-defined sets. Right now it looks like I have to make the user set I want to edit to be the active set. Then when I open the dialog, the selected set is the one shown. I think it would be helpful to be able to edit all user sets directly in the Define Module Sets window.

Just a suggestion.
Well, this would require some more intense reworking... let me pass this suggestion for now pls
Costas
pfpeller

Post by pfpeller »

Thanks Costas for yet another great improvement.

When I enter something in the filter area now in the define module sets window it really slows down my small netbook. However, it works great on my desktop computer.

Blessings,
Peter
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

pfpeller wrote:Thanks Costas for yet another great improvement.

When I enter something in the filter area now in the define module sets window it really slows down my small netbook. However, it works great on my desktop computer.

Blessings,
Peter
Hi Peter,
kind of expected this feedback to be honest. The possible reason is the 'in #sets' column. Let me see if i can add some lines of code to fix that, although not first priority
Costas
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

pfpeller wrote: When I enter something in the filter area now in the define module sets window it really slows down my small netbook.
Can you pls check build 1272 and tell me if it's faster?
Costas
Doctordavet

Post by Doctordavet »

This just keeps getting better. Thank you!

I have another idea - how about the ability to delete modules from the "Create Custom Sets (Advanced)" tab? I know that may be an issue with TW running, but, it would be nice to be able to do delete them right here.
Dave
Free Modules at
http://www.DoctorDaveT.com
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Doctordavet wrote:This just keeps getting better. Thank you!

I have another idea - how about the ability to delete modules from the "Create Custom Sets (Advanced)" tab? I know that may be an issue with TW running, but, it would be nice to be able to do delete them right here.
You can do that from the 'Choose existing set' tab, one click away. No need to repeat this function there; you can do that without re-opening the dialog,
Costas
Doctordavet

Post by Doctordavet »

Hey,

Not sure I was understood. I didn't mean to remove them from the module set; I meant to permanently remove modules from the computer/harddrive/thumbdrive.
Dave
Free Modules at
http://www.DoctorDaveT.com
pfpeller

Post by pfpeller »

csterg wrote:
pfpeller wrote: When I enter something in the filter area now in the define module sets window it really slows down my small netbook.
Can you pls check build 1272 and tell me if it's faster?
Costas
Hi Costas,
I think it might be a little faster. If I type the word prophecy, it takes about \8-10 seconds for all the letters to show up in the filter cell. It is not terrible. I need to upgrade my old 1 GB ram netbook :).
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Doctordavet wrote:Hey,

Not sure I was understood. I didn't mean to remove them from the module set; I meant to permanently remove modules from the computer/harddrive/thumbdrive.
OK, this is kind of different. I might add this as well, due to the fact that it may be seriously be needed for the reading plans,
Costas
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

pfpeller wrote:Hi Costas,
I think it might be a little faster. If I type the word prophecy, it takes about \8-10 seconds for all the letters to show up in the filter cell. It is not terrible. I need to upgrade my old 1 GB ram netbook :).
Wow, i thought it would be a lot faster... Not sure i can squeeze more speed out of it at this moment. How many modules do you have?
Costas
pfpeller

Post by pfpeller »

Hi Costas,

I have about 1300 resources I think.

It is ok, the netbook is not my primary theWord computer. I use it in bed when I want something more powerfull than MySword on my android.

I like the new feature.

Peter
Teleios

Post by Teleios »

csterg wrote: Well, this would require some more intense reworking... let me pass this suggestion for now pls
Costas
No problem! I thought it might be more than a little work. You've already given us so much.