Importer question

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
dwjacobs

Importer question

Post by dwjacobs »

Perhaps this is a silly question, but I'm new to this and not sure if the importer works with version 2.0 or if its only for the Beta version. Is it possible to download modules from Sword or other sites into The Word 2.0?

Doug
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Hello Doug,
Bible modules should work with version 2.
Other modules no.

Costas
dwjacobs

Post by dwjacobs »

Thanks for the response,

I'm not sure I'm phrasing this right.... So... the Importer will work with 2.0? But only with Bibles? The importer is not something designed only for the beta 3 version?

thanks again,

Doug
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

dwjacobs wrote:Thanks for the response,

I'm not sure I'm phrasing this right.... So... the Importer will work with 2.0? But only with Bibles? The importer is not something designed only for the beta 3 version?

thanks again,

Doug
The importer is just a tool that helps convert existing material in the format that TW understands.

Version 2 of the program did not support any non-Bible resources, so it's impossible to have e.g. a commentary in version 2.
But the Bible modules are (almost) compatible.

Costas
dwjacobs

Post by dwjacobs »

Thank you, Costas.

I understand now. That answers my questions.

And thank you very much for your work on this software. It's design is very efficient in the way it uses the computers resources, and that makes it much faster than most Bible software. I wanted something stable that was easy and quick for comparing different versions, and easy to use for writing and reviewing personal notes. I have an older computer but never find myself waiting for the software to respond. It keeps the study brisk. The layout is also very clear, and that makes it very easy to learn the basics without needing to dig into online help. I look forward to exploring its wider capabilities and moving up to your new version.

all best to you,

Doug
dwjacobs

twimport.exe won't open

Post by dwjacobs »

I installed the importer into the default folder for The Word 2.0 in Program files but twimport.exe won't open and asks if I want to report error to Windows. It also won't install a shortcut into the folder on the All Programs menu.

Any solution? Should I install it into its own folder?

Doug
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Doug,
you just miss the sqlite3.dll file (which comes with TW3).
I sent it via email,
Costas
dwjacobs

Post by dwjacobs »

Got it. Works very well now. It's a very interesting utility!
Thanks,
Doug
:D