Exporting a word search with Strong's for the word searched?

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
yetanotherforumname

Exporting a word search with Strong's for the word searched?

Post by yetanotherforumname »

Is it possible to export a word search, and with each verse, have the Strong's number listed which corresponds to the word searched? For example, if I search on "love" in the entire Bible, I get 281 verses, but not all the instances of "love" in the English are the same word in the Hebrew or Greek. I'd like to be able to export the results of that search, and with each verse, have the Strong's number for the word that was searched.

Bonus points if the export can be a delimited text file suitable for importing into Excel! :)
Mark
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Exporting a word search with Strong's for the word searc

Post by csterg »

Look for the TR operator to run a search query that also looks in the original. That way you can have theWord look for 'love' in those cases that it has been translated from a specific word
Costas
yetanotherforumname

Post by yetanotherforumname »

Thank you for the reply. I just discovered the TR operator yesterday, and that's going to be VERY helpful. Or, to put it another way, COOL!! :D

However, that's not what I want to do in this case. Often, the same English word may be used for different Hebrew or Greek words, and I want to be able to pull the instances of the English word, and see what original words were used. If the Strong's could be exported along with the verses found, it would be very useful. Currently a word search produces something like (searching John for "know"):

Reference Text
John 3:2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
John 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
John 6:42 And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? how is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven?

I was hoping there is a way to do something like this:

Strong's Reference Text
G1492 John 3:2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
G1492 John 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
G1492 John 6:42 And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? how is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven?

In this particular example, all three are the same Greek word, but of course, the word, "know" in English also can be G1097, as in John 8:52.

It would be nice to be able to have that listed next to the search results.

Even better if we could have that exported to a delimited file.

Actually, an export function would be useful in many ways, even without the Strong's feature.

Anyway, it's a wonderful program, and thank you thank you thank you for all you have done for the Body of Christ!
Mark
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Sorry this is not possible. What you can do is copy the verses including the strong numbers (like you see them in the Bible view when Strong's are visible).
To do so, right-click on the verses in the search view, and while holding down the CTRL key choose 'Copy all...'. The Copy verses dialog will appear (which 'inherits' the settings of the active bible view)
Costas