Creating a commentary module

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
garydavid711

Creating a commentary module

Post by garydavid711 »

I need to know how to create a commentary. What should text format look like before converting to a module?
attached is 3 lines of commentary that i have formatted. Could someone tell me what needs changed?
Attachments
AENT notes.zip
(1.38 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Creating a commentary module

Post by csterg »

Look for a tool called T4. This allows you to create your commentary in RTF (e.g. Microsoft Word) and put some markers to indicate each comment. The tool creates modules for eSword, but you can then convert this to theWord module with the converter.
Costas
Arnie51

Post by Arnie51 »

Sorry if this is the wrong forum. I added some commentaries and dictionaries from another Bible program, using, but the verse references weren't recognised. So, in TheWord program I went to "Module Properties" - "Settings/Actions" - "Detect all verse references". The program seemed to be busy doing it, but several hours passed, and nothing happened.

How can I get TheWord to detect all references?
JG

Post by JG »

Can you zip and upload the module somewhere so we can look at it.

Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
Arnie51

Post by Arnie51 »

Thanks Jon, but I don't think it would be legal to send you the modules. These are paid-for E-sword modules I'd like to adapt for MySword, so that I can use them when I'm out and about. I'm trying to use TheWord to solve the problems of adapting them.
JG

Post by JG »

Well the simple solution is to buy a small ipad, then you can use your paid for modules on that.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
Arnie51

Post by Arnie51 »

Looks like the only way - thanks for that.