Problem with the Clipboard monitoring

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
Phil

Problem with the Clipboard monitoring

Post by Phil »

Hi all,
I have a problem with the Clipboard monitoring in THEWORD
Definitely something I have adjusted and thus this cause itself Caused
When I copy Bible verses in another program (PDF, Microsoft Word, etc.), are not only shown me thesis passages but so others.
What should I do to get Displayed only the marked Bible verses?
Here's an example what i copy: 1.Thes 4,15; 1.Thes 4,17; 1.Thes 4,18; Jak 5,7; Jak 5,8;
What should I do so I can get only the marked verses appear?

Thanks to all

Phil
I used the Google translator
Attachments
Copy in VersMonitor.png
Copy in VersMonitor.png (62.57 KiB) Viewed 2209 times
JG

Re: Problem with the Clipboard monitoring

Post by JG »

changelog.txt
- [fix]: Clipboard monitor will now recognize references broken in 2 lines (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3343)

Phil,

This problem is caused by an enhancement. In pdf files, if a scripture crossed two lines the Clipboard Monitor did not detect it properly. I agree that now other data is seen as a continuation of the verses, where there is for example a numbered list following a verse reference. Costas would need to make an option to turn it off.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
Phil

Post by Phil »

Thanks for the quick reply.
The passages which I have given here, I have written in Microsoft Word and in LibreOffice in a row and then copied. In both the same result.
Now to your reply, I have entered in THEWORD and copied from here. Clip Port monitoring shows exactly as if I copy from Microsoft Word and LibreOffice the same. So as in the screenshot.

Phil
JG

Post by JG »

Can you upload the document here as a zip file
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
Phil

Post by Phil »

I have now found the mistake.
It was somehow the fact that I have copied passages from THEWORD in Microsoft Office. Somehow happened then the error in Microsoft Word, perhaps the format of the text. When I then copied these passages in Microsoft, the additional Bible verses have been added when copying in cliport monitor

If the Bible passages from MSWord are then copied and copied into THEWORD in one of my books, these errors are taken over.
So I get back, just watching must stop when I format text with external programs.
---------------------
Jon, I have another question. How can I copy all the text from Cliport monitoring? There will always be copied only a verse. Example above my screenshot. Is that possible or can be possible?
---------------------------
I hope that all this has translated correctly the Google translator.

Thanks again for your quick response. The Lord Jesus bless you, Costas and your families.
Phil
Phil

Post by Phil »

I tried to attach a test file did not work
Error = The extension doc is not allowed.
Error = The extension odt is not allowed.

If I that I have copied here, the Bible verses, I have the same effect.
Please copy also you these Bible verses if you THEWORD have started.
1.Thes 4,15; 1.Thes 4,17; 1.Thes 4,18; Jak 5,7; Jak 5,8;
Phil
JG

Post by JG »

I don't think there is a way to copy all the verses from the Clipboard Monitor, in one action.
You could send them all to a Verse List (Liste), if that is of any use to you.

The detection of the 1.Thes 4,15; 1.Thes 4,17; 1.Thes 4,18; Jak 5,7; Jak 5,8;

There is confusion when there is a full stop, after the 1 in "1.Thes " It is seen as a whole chapter. Costas would need to answer if it is possible to do anything to fix this, or you just have to accept it cannot detect these.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

JG wrote:I don't think there is a way to copy all the verses from the Clipboard Monitor, in one action.
You could send them all to a Verse List (Liste), if that is of any use to you.

The detection of the 1.Thes 4,15; 1.Thes 4,17; 1.Thes 4,18; Jak 5,7; Jak 5,8;

There is confusion when there is a full stop, after the 1 in "1.Thes " It is seen as a whole chapter. Costas would need to answer if it is possible to do anything to fix this, or you just have to accept it cannot detect these.
It is not the fullstop - it is the fact that CM cannot recognize that this '1' belongs to the 'Thes' book. It has been discussed in the past, i don't see a fix for this
Costas
Phil

Post by Phil »

Hello Costas, Hi John
Thanks for the replies. It is indeed about the verse list.

Thank you for the Word of God
and thanks for THEWORD.

The Lord bless you
Phil