Centos 7 install issues

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
roboster2013

Centos 7 install issues

Post by roboster2013 »

Greetings,

I recently tried to install TW on a Centos 7 machine via Wine and immediately got an error. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Rob
therapon

Re: Centos 7 install issues

Post by therapon »

It would help to know what the error was. Can you give some details please?

therapon
roboster2013

Post by roboster2013 »

therapon wrote:It would help to know what the error was. Can you give some details please?

therapon
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I suspect the error won't be very helpful. I get a small box that says error with a red X and a lower case ij, and that's it. No other indication of what caused the error.

Rob
therapon

Post by therapon »

Did you logout/login or reboot after installing Wine? How did you try installing TW? Did you click on the file in Nautilus/Dolphin? If so, it could be related to how the command for exe's is given in File Associations. You could try installing from the command line; if there is an error, you can often tell more about it that way.
roboster2013

Post by roboster2013 »

therapon wrote:Did you logout/login or reboot after installing Wine? How did you try installing TW? Did you click on the file in Nautilus/Dolphin? If so, it could be related to how the command for exe's is given in File Associations. You could try installing from the command line; if there is an error, you can often tell more about it that way.
I did reboot after the Wine installation. I attempted to install TW using the Wine software install interface.
therapon

Post by therapon »

Installing from the command line in terminal/konsole will probably give the clearest view of errors. Another question: are you on a 64-bit system? If so, did you install both 64-bit and 32-bit versions of Wine? Sometimes it's possible to only get wine-amd64; TW needs wine-i386 to run since TW is a 32-bit program.
roboster2013

Post by roboster2013 »

therapon wrote:Installing from the command line in terminal/konsole will probably give the clearest view of errors. Another question: are you on a 64-bit system? If so, did you install both 64-bit and 32-bit versions of Wine? Sometimes it's possible to only get wine-amd64; TW needs wine-i386 to run since TW is a 32-bit program.
Thanks for your reply. As it turns out, it is a Centos/Wine issue. Unfortunately, is does not appear that RHEL is not going to update their repositories for 32 bit Wine.

Rob
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

You should be able to go to winehq.com and grab the latest wine, add it to your repository, install and you should be just fine. I have not played with Centos, but I use that method with Linux Mint, Ubuntu Studio, Fedora, Zorin and a few others. I run TW on all those and it plays very nice.

Darrel