theword.exe 5.0.0.1450

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
Philm

theword.exe 5.0.0.1450

Post by Philm »

Oh dear! Is there anyone who is very, very patient who is willing to try and help me.

I just tried to install the latest version. I was using 4.0.0.1342. I installed 5.0.0.1450 as compact in a folder separate from the old version. When I ran it, I was told I have no bibles. I tried to open 4.0.0.1342 and it is telling me the same thing. I searched for *.on, *.ot, *ont using all files, hidden and subdir, and couldn't find any except for a couple of sys ones.

I am still using XP sp3. I turned my computer off and then back on again but there is no difference.
philwithJESUS
jonathangkoehn

Re: theword.exe 5.0.0.1450

Post by jonathangkoehn »

Have you tried in checking in Preferences - Other options "When running in compact mode, use also all modules installed in target computer"?
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
Philm

Post by Philm »

I'm not sure I understand. When I try to run it and I can't find a bible it just closes again and I don't see those choices you suggest.
philwithJESUS
JG

Post by JG »

I can only make some assumptions.
You have now got one "Normal" 1432 installation, and a "compact" installation of 1450 which is all contained in one folder.

It also appears that you have only installed the 1450 upgrade package? So no Bibles are included in this as it is supposed to be installed in the current 1432 location of a "normal" installation.

Search for theword.exe to see if this is the case, and try to run each one by clicking/double clicking on theword.exe file.

Do you get anything to work?
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
Philm

Post by Philm »

I just sent my first 'PM' again. Hoping it explains things.

My theword.exe files are all in different folders.
philwithJESUS