Search Results Issue

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
zpkenney

Search Results Issue

Post by zpkenney »

I am having a problem with the search results that I get. It looks like when I open a Bible Search View and search for something, The Word comes back with results for how often that word or item appears in verses rather than the total number of occurrences. In other words, if a word appears in a verse more than once, the word will only count that as one occurrence rather than two.

An example would be searching for διαθήκῃ (diatheke) under Strong's number, G1242.

If I search G1242 and look at the results for WHNU (Westcott-Hort with NA27/UBS4 variants)

I get 14 occurrences in the book of Hebrews. BUT if I count out the actual occurrences of the word, I count 17 total occurrences of διαθήκῃ (diatheke).

The weird things is that the Word always identifies and highlights all 17 occurrences, but it only counts how many verses the word appears in rather than individual occurrences.

Is there a way to fix this that I am missing?

Thanks.
JG

Re: Search Results Issue

Post by JG »

It is a requested addition for some time. At the moment it is just a report of the verses that contain the search match.

viewtopic.php?p=3894#p3894
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
zpkenney

Re: Search Results Issue

Post by zpkenney »

Oh, I see. Well, I personally would definitely benefit from an option like this. I am often particularly interested in word frequency across entire books of the Bible and would love to be able to do that easily with the Word. I hope that that option does become available in the future.

Thanks for your help.