Bible reading plan

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
ErikJon

Bible reading plan

Post by ErikJon »

When I do my daily readings, I like to read several chapters, one after the other, not just one per session. I have been using your nice "Daily Bible Reading" program. but in a way that follows no particular program or dates. I use it only to check off my readings, each time, but not to plan for future readings.

At the top and bottom of the Bible text appear the options "done" and "close." When I finish reading the first chapter, I can click "done" and TW will check off that reading in my list, as you know. This is the main feature that I like--particularly the fact that this is automatic.

However, if I want to continue reading another chapter, perhaps from the same book, or maybe from another, of course my "done" and "close" links are no longer present in the next Bible chapter. This means that I must go, once again, to the "list view" in my Reading Plan, and click on another reference in order to open the corresponding chapter in Bibleview window and in order for my "done" and "close" links to reappear. In fact, I have to do this each time, with each chapter, or else check off my readings manually. Of course, all of this is by your design.

My suggestion is that TW include the option of permanently displaying these links so that, no matter which part of the Bible I navigate to, and regardless of whether I am using any reading program, the option of automatically checking off my reading will always be available.

Does this option already exist for such unprogrammed readings? If so, could you tell me how to accomplish that? If not, don't you think it would be a good idea?
I'm an Independent Baptist running TheWord portable v 5.0.0.1481 from an external 500GB hard drive with over 1,900 modules installed and loaded in my current module set. I'm using 32-bit Vista Ultimate SP1 with a 2.7gHz processor and 4GB RAM.
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Bible reading plan

Post by csterg »

There is no such feature, and I personally disagree with this. I understand the situation, yet this is not a 'plan', is it?
Moreover, if these 'done' flags were everywhere, the average user would not really understand which is for today.
Costas