How to set the default font for new bookview topics?

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
ErikJon

How to set the default font for new bookview topics?

Post by ErikJon »

This may be another dumb question with an obvious answer, but at least I checked the preferences, to see if the option of doing what I want, already existed. I also skimmed through the "HTML help" file. (Can you create a new section on the forum entitled, "Dumb questions from users who don't have a clue?")

My question is not how to set the "default bookview font" which is obviously done in the preferences, on the "fonts" tab; nor is it how to adjust the topic-list font, either. Rather, my problem is that, after creating a new module, the new topics always insist on starting with a different font from the one already specified in my preference.

Maybe this is because the "Enter your comments here" always displays in Segoe UI on my computer, so anything I type after that, also appears in Segoe UI. Even so, if I create a new topic below that, there is no "Enter your comments here" displayed, and yet, when I begin typing, the font is preset to Segoe UI.

Ideas?
I'm an Independent Baptist running TheWord portable v 5.0.0.1481 from an external 500GB hard drive with over 1,900 modules installed and loaded in my current module set. I'm using 32-bit Vista Ultimate SP1 with a 2.7gHz processor and 4GB RAM.
csterg
Site Admin

Re: How to set the default font for new bookview topics?

Post by csterg »

if the VERY first thing you do is to set the font and size (before typing anything), then it will be saved and remembered.
Costas
ErikJon

Re: How to set the default font for new bookview topics?

Post by ErikJon »

O.K. Thank you.

By the way, maybe it would be good to mention that very briefly, in the "help file", in the appropriate section.

As far as that goes, and although it's none of my business, I think it would be good to include the answers to most user questions on the forum, in any appropriate section of the help file, so that other future users will be less likely to search for or post the same question. Even if it is a trivial issue, there is no harm done by including a one-sentence answer to that question in the help file.

Thanks
I'm an Independent Baptist running TheWord portable v 5.0.0.1481 from an external 500GB hard drive with over 1,900 modules installed and loaded in my current module set. I'm using 32-bit Vista Ultimate SP1 with a 2.7gHz processor and 4GB RAM.