Comparing textx

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
John45

Comparing textx

Post by John45 »

I wanted to compare two bible texts. When I attempted to select the texts, there were 15 available, but not the ones I wanted to compare. I have 60 plus bible texts loaded. I would think they should all show and be available. I looked to find a way to add the rest, but didn't find one. Please tell me how to do this.
John
JG

Re: Comparing textx

Post by JG »

Have you selected the ones you want to view? and they don't show?
http://www.theword.net/manual/compare_view.htm
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
John45

Post by John45 »

They didn't display in the selection box so I could select them. I did try clicking on the alphabetic sort button on the right of the window and then the ones I have selected as active tabs displayed. This is what I needed, but I wonder why they didn't display before?
John
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Is it possible that you just had to scroll? There is a horizontal scroll bar, not a vertical one.
John45

Post by John45 »

Thanks for the suggestion, Costas. Since I only have 15 bible text tabs displayed atop the bible window, that's all it shows in the window. There was enough extra space for many more to be listed, so no scrolling was needed. The initial problem I had was that the particular ones I wanted to compare were not displayed in the window even though their tabs were displaying atop the bible window. In an effort to get some change to occur, I began clicking on the icons. Once I clicked on the "Reset order of bible texts" icon, the ones I had selected were displayed. I am now able to do what I need to do.

Thanks
John