Strong Code Question

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
VernRuth

Strong Code Question

Post by VernRuth »

Currently I have the strong codes tied to the "king James Concordance". What I'm trying to do is have my dictionary book view show the "Thayer" definition while at the same time keep my KJC drop down. That way I can view the definition and at the same time look at the references to other verses. Any ideas?
Jeff

Re: Strong Code Question

Post by Jeff »

VernRuth wrote:Currently I have the strong codes tied to the "king James Concordance". What I'm trying to do is have my dictionary book view show the "Thayer" definition while at the same time keep my KJC drop down. That way I can view the definition and at the same time look at the references to other verses. Any ideas?
I'm not sure how to do it. But if it helps, there is a module called "Combo Dictionary: BDB/Thayer/Strong/King James Concordance/TenseVoiceMood" from Dr. Dave T's site. http://www.doctordavet.com/dictionaries.html
Jeff

Using theWord Beta on MX Linux via Wine.
JG

Post by JG »

Also you could have two dictionary views open with the second one having something other than the default Strong's dictionary selected in it.

Or if you want multi popup of Strong's dictionaries, there is a very unofficial cheat for that, using Word Lookup.
Select the different Strong's dictionaries you want in your popup using "Word Lookup Dictionaries" setting from the Bible view options.
The trick to getting this to "enhance" the Strong's hyperlink is to mouse drag part of a word on either side of the Strong's number.
Now when you hover the blue area (not over the Strong's) you will get a multi popup using Word Lookup. The only thing to beware of is that you can get a false match if the dictionary does not contain all Strong's numbers, in which case it will get the closest match....
0001 Jon theWord_2016-03-09_081152.png
0001 Jon theWord_2016-03-09_081152.png (146.44 KiB) Viewed 1784 times
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
VernRuth

Post by VernRuth »

Thank you! The two suggestions is what I was looking for. I use the BDB with Tense on my MYSWORD module on Android. BTW, a fantastic Bible program.