Compact/normal installations

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
Namunja

Compact/normal installations

Post by Namunja »

Costas,
Greetings

I had posted that there is an error in the recent beta versions in that they do not display a caution message before a module is deleted.

It appears, however, the problem occurs only when running theWord in compact mode.

Now the reason I run theWord in compact mode is because of space limitation in my drive C. (I have a fairly big library, thanks to you and others). Also I thought it was easier when doing backup to copy only one folder as opposed to the normal installation where several folders are involved. So I have one folder on my drive F.

But I have some problems. Using the latest Beta 5.0.0.1472 as an example, in the following screenshots you can see there are discrepancies between normal and compact installations in the following areas:
1.Restore /maximize buttons in the 3 windows.
2.Caution message when deleting a module
3. Caution message when installing a module

I am not very computer literate and I don’t know what is causing the problem. Could be my computer. Or myself.(I am using Windows XP)

My question is: If I do a normal installation on Drive C how can theWord be persuaded to detect the modules folder on drive F?
Question 2 (unrelated): During a normal search of library books, the process can take some time and so there is a way of stopping the search by pressing escape. What about the automatic search- “Look for ‘nnn’ in” (by right clicking a book view window)? How is the process stopped when the mouse hovers over this option by mistake? The process takes long in slow computers and gets on the way because the intention was not to search. Or could this option be activated only when one clicks on it?

May you be blessed!
Attachments
5.png (129.21 KiB) Viewed 1703 times
3.png (152.93 KiB) Viewed 1703 times
1.jpg (387.91 KiB) Viewed 1703 times
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Compact/normal installations

Post by csterg »

Hello Namunja,
the ... in messages is because of missing entries in the .lng file. It is possible that you have only copied the .exe file and youa re using an older .lng file. Try to copy latest .lng file in compact folder.

The other differences, i don't understand, but i am pretty sure they are only differences in the config file, these are not real differences of the program and are irrelevant of the running mode,
Costas
Namunja

Post by Namunja »

Thanks, Costas.

Incidentally that is exactly what I do - I copy only the .exe file. It is now ok.

How about the issue of "lookup nnn in" search? How do I cancel it once it has started? I have a big library and a slow computer.

But this really is not a big issue.

Thanks for a very, very useful program. God has worked wonders through it.

Blessings.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Well, you can cancel a long running search at specific intervals only, e.g. on a per-topic level. I think, in general, this is enough.