Adding New Titles

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
DarrelW

Adding New Titles

Post by DarrelW »

I really appreciate what is happening in the add new titles module. It appears to really be taking off! I have a couple of questions:
1. What is the difference between the "Official" vs "Remote" theWord Repositories?
2. What is the difference between Josh Bond website and Wordmodule.com repositories?

My real concern, which I also posted on Josh's site,
1. There appears to multiple instances of the same module. Sometimes the date is different, sometimes not. How can one be assured of downloading the newest module and not replacing the latest with an earlier incomplete module?
2. How can the modules be "policed" to prevent duplication of modules from the various websites?

The concept is awesome and I really appreciate the number of sites taking part in this effort. I just desire for the best foundation to be laid before it goes wild.

Darrel
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Adding New Titles

Post by csterg »

Josh has added all modules in wordmodules.com as a module repository. This means that the modules can now be downloaded from within theWord directly.
Some modules there have no proper module-id, so there are some issues with duplicates and updates, Josh is working to fix these
Costas