Help with language file

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
Leoram

Help with language file

Post by Leoram »

Hi @Costas, @Jon:

I appears that the German language file has not been updated since 10-Jan-2010. It seems to have stalled on ver. 3.0.9.967-26.

Is there a more recent update somewhere? As you can see the one there is very outdated. I am supporting some guys in the German side of this forum and would like to know what file I recommend to download since they have a problem with the clipboard monitor not detecting the following verses correctly:

1.Kor 1,1; Joh 1,4; 3.Mo 2,5; 1.Mo 1,1; 2.Kö 1,1

I have tried myself with the German language file I have, and I can confirm there is a wrong detection, i.e.: for all the xrefs followed by another xref that starts with either 1, 2, or 3 as the example given, for instance: 1.Mo; 2.Pet; 3.Joh the parsing makes the clipboard monitor to interpret the preceding reference correctly but adds a chapter of the same book either 1, 2 or 3 followed by the complete range of verses contained in that chapter.

Please tell me how can this be solved. Thanks.
Leoram
Leoram

Re: Help with language file

Post by Leoram »

@Costas, @Jon:

I'd really like a hand with the German language file. Please give me some guidance if there is any. No intent to impose something over your priorities. :)
Leoram
JG

Post by JG »

Translation instructions are on this page http://www.theword.net/index.php?articl ... &l=english
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
Leoram

Post by Leoram »

JG wrote:Translation instructions are on this page http://www.theword.net/index.php?articl ... &l=english
Jon:
I don't know what you mean. I am not looking for a manual on how to create a language module which I know exists and on which I cannot work on due to some limitations. The problem is on the German file on the official site. This is the only one available that I know of dating back to 2010. The clipboard monitor fails to detect verse references like the ones given in my first post and this can possibly be corrected. Have you any hint how to put it to work as it should?
Leoram
JG

Post by JG »

I see that it is a problem with the Clipboard Monitor itself
viewtopic.php?p=10143#p10143

The above post is over 6 years ago, so I guess it is something we have to live with.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
Leoram

Post by Leoram »

Jon:

I had a look at the link you specified just above. However the last post in that thread seems to imply that version 3.2.1.1160 "solves all of the above noted issues in the clipboard monitor". Can you corroborate that? --I'm confused :(
Leoram
JG

Post by JG »

Things are not always fixed for every situation. This appears to be one of those cases.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Leoram

Post by Leoram »

JG wrote:Things are not always fixed for every situation. This appears to be one of those cases.
I understand. Thank you anyway Jon. tW is already a remarkable program :)
Leoram
Leoram

Post by Leoram »

Hallo Phil,

ich habe die Entwickler des Programms kontaktiert. Leider gibt es derzeit keine Lösung für das Problem :(
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7014

Ich gehe weiter nach eine Problemumgehung.

Gruß
Leoram
Phil

Post by Phil »

Hallo Leoram,
danke für die Antwort.

Das Problem liegt daran, das die deutschen Querverweise mit Punkt erstellt wurden. Wenn dieser Punkt generell mit dem entsprechenden Programm herausgenommen würde, bestände das Problem nicht mehr. Ich habe folgende Querverweise die alle den Punkt haben. Default Cross-references, TSKe1.1Xrefs, Schlachter2000, ESC2001, HCSB und Ot-Nt-lines.
Selbst wenn ich eigene Versreferenzen erstellen will, werden diese nur mit Punkt bei den Büchern erstellt, die eine Zahl vorne stehen haben. (1.Mo; 1Kor, 1Petr usw.)

Man kann auf Umwegen aber auch jeweils für einen Bibelvers den Punkt herausbekommen.
Einfach alle Querverweise des Bibelverses kopieren, dann z.B. in MS-Word einfügen.
Dort ein Makro erstellen (habe ich gemacht). Diese Makro muß nur alle Querverweise erfassen (STRG+A)
dann Suchen und ersetzen wählen.
Nun in das Suchfeld den Punkt eingeben und im Ersetzenfeld auf Entfernen drücken.
Nun sind alle Punkte aus den Querverweisen gelöscht. Diese können dann mit Strg + C kopiert werden und der Versmonitor von Word zeigt mir alle Querverweise richtig an.
Kann man auch in TheWord selbst machen indem man ein leeres Buchfenster hat. Dort die selbe Prozedur durchführen. Du hast aber kein Makro, das dir etwas Arbeit abnimmmt.

Das ist aber etwas umständlich, wenn man ein Kapitel einschließlich Querverweise lesen will.

Viele Grüße, Danke und Gottes Segen

Phil
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Hi All,
is someone here willing to update the german.lng file? I am sorry I cannot follow the German discussions,
Costas