Problem with text rendering

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
rdwray

Problem with text rendering

Post by rdwray »

Apparently there is some underlying code in the NKJV.ontx that is causing the text not to render the same as in just plain text, may I ask what it is without going through all the effort to manually highlight again? I test all the codes (<FI><Fi>, etc...) and did not find any resolve.

From Genesis 2

Manually highlighted text:
23 And Adam said: “This is now bone of my bones And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man.”

Text as rendered in new Bible:
23 And Adam said: "This is now bone of my bones And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man."
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
“For My yoke [is] easy and My burden is light.”
rdwray

Re: Problem with text rendering

Post by rdwray »

Found part of the problem: "NOTICE: No space should come after a CL, CM or CI tag since this will cause the user highlighting to not work properly (also no space is needed)."

Part of the issue remains: 23 And Adam said:<CM><PI>"This is now bone of my bones And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man."<Pi><CM>
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

I am sorry, I don't understand this post. Is this a question?
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

Hi Costas, welcome back.

I have NKJV.ontx and a text copy of the NKJV. I replaced the .ontx with the text copy and used the same my.bhls.twm database. The problem is the highlighting does not come out the same because of the html tags in the .ontx file. I found some of the issue as stated in my second post but the last character of the verse is still the wrong color. The only thing I can come up with is that there is an html tag that I am missing and I want to know what that tag is.

I really don't know how to make it any clearer. If you look at the text inside of the quotes, you will see two different colors.

thanks, roger.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Roger,
not sure where you got the text copy of the NKJV but I cannot really tell why the highlighting does not match exactly. For sure, there are some formatting rules (like the one posted above) that one must conform to in order for the highlighting to work properly.
In order to answer the specific question I would need to get a copy of the NKJV you have and start debugging... I cannot do that for a couple of reasons.

If you open the my.bhls.twm file with an sql editor, you will understand easily the format and it will be quite easy to understand where the 'error' is in your NKJV file (I assume).

If that is of any help, here is the actual verse in the NKJV.ontx:

Code: Select all

And Adam said:<CM><CI><PI>“This <FI>is<Fi> now <RX 1.29.14><RX 49.5.28-30>bone of my bones<CI><PI>And flesh of my flesh;<CI><PI>She shall be called <RF>Heb. <i>Ishshah</i><Rf>Woman,<CI><PI>Because she was <RX 46.11.8><RX 46.11.9>taken out of <RF>Heb. <i>Ish</i><Rf>Man.”<CM>
Costas
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

Found the issue, you have three additional "<CI><PI>"s entered in the text. Do you have the "<CI><PI>" entered after every punctuation mark?

thanks

EDIT: It looks like you are formatting the paragraph text - right???
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Well, i have these there just because there is a new indented paragraph there, that's all. This is how the publisher delivered the text so this is how i converted it.