Help with installing a module I created

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
dray965

Help with installing a module I created

Post by dray965 »

I recently created a module of a book that has many chapters and indices. I wanted to use it for my own researching as I teach. It is "The Life and Times of Jesus the Messiah " by Alfred Edersheim and is in public domain.

My efforts resulted in a 15+ mb module that causes THE WORD, after many efforts, to freeze up. I have to use MY TASK to even close.

I am in Windows 10 and have LOTS of memory and hard drive, so that's not the problem. I'm thinking THE WORD doesn't like modules this big??? I've noticed that several I've downloaded from THE WORD's site are compressed?

ANyone know 1) what's happening? 2) solution? or 3) where the module is already created by someone else that I could go and grab.

THAnks for any help in advance,

Dray
JG

Re: Help with installing a module I created

Post by JG »

The module is available via theWord repository. In the main program you just click "Add Titles", and select that module for download etc
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
dray965

Post by dray965 »

THanks. and especially for the quick response. Trying to search for all references to Nicodemus. I should have checked here first. :)

Any suggestions/articles how to create originals without running into the problem stated above (aka large file)? I'm assuming that was the problem. I've made smaller ones before with no problem.
JG

Post by JG »

If you can give me a private link to the module maybe on OneDrive for example, then I can download and try it.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet