Trouble with switching views...

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
Faithbuilders

Post by Faithbuilders »

I am slightly frustrated; not sure if I can explain this well, but I will try.

First, is there a way to switch from bible view to commentaries view without having to create my own layout for each view?

Creating a layout called "bible view", and another layout called "commentaries view" works but creates a very frustrating problem.

After I save the "bible view" layout, every time I go into that layout it resorts back to the verse it was at, at the moment that the layout was saved, instead of the verse I was last at. So if I was in Gen 1:1 when I created the layout, and now I am in Gen 3:10, and I switch to "commentary" layout to add my own note to the verse... (that has a problem also) then go back to "bible" layout, it will resort back to Gen 1:1: The point it was when the layout was saved.

Jumping to the "commentary" layout to add "mynotes" to a verse has the same problem, instead if linking to the verse that I am on, it goes strait to the verse it was on when I created the "commentary" layout! Very, very, frustrating.

I hope I explained this clear enough, and that someone can give some good advice.

Thank you.
JG

Post by JG »

Instead of Layout, think snapshot. Saving a layout is a particular instant of window layout and settings. So, yes when you restore a layout from one you saved it is as you saved it.
Layout for this function is a misnomer I say.
If you want any view full screen, maximize it

http://www.theword.net/manual/layouts.htm
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
Faithbuilders

Post by Faithbuilders »

JG wrote:Instead of Layout, think snapshot. Saving a layout is a particular instant of window layout and settings. So, yes when you restore a layout from one you saved it is as you saved it.
Layout for this function is a misnomer I say.
If you want any view full screen, maximize it

http://www.theword.net/manual/layouts.htm
So than that is my only option. I make a layout that has both bible view and commentaries view side by side, then just maximize as needed. Thanks for your advice.