layouts . retaining Bible view focus upon opening

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
kenfhill84083

layouts . retaining Bible view focus upon opening

Post by kenfhill84083 »

I have a layout I call CMY - with a Bible view on the left and a book view (commentaries) on the right. (I have other layouts which all share the same problem.)

When I last saved the CMY layout the Bible view had focus. Every time I open it, however, and press upArrow or downArrow, I cannot tell where the focus is.

I have to click in the Bible view for that view to receive focus.

Is there any way to make the focus a remembered part of the layout? So when I open the layout and press downArrow it will move to the next verse in the Bible view?
rdwray

Re: layouts . retaining Bible view focus upon opening

Post by rdwray »

I just tried with a Bible View on the left and a Book View (Commentaries) on the right and every time I open TW the Bible View has the focus even if I close TW with the focus on Book View. I switched sides with the views and Bible View still had the focus on opening TW.

If you look at the toolbar, it will change icons based on what type of window you have selected. The title bar does not indicate which window has the focus unless you have two views of the same type; i.e. two Bible Views or two Book Views. Might be something that Costas can solve.
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
“For My yoke [is] easy and My burden is light.”
kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

rdwray wrote:I just tried with a Bible View on the left and a Book View (Commentaries) on the right and every time I open TW the Bible View has the focus even if I close TW with the focus on Book View. I switched sides with the views and Bible View still had the focus on opening TW.

If you look at the toolbar, it will change icons based on what type of window you have selected. The title bar does not indicate which window has the focus unless you have two views of the same type; i.e. two Bible Views or two Book Views. Might be something that Costas can solve.
Thanks for checking. Mine opens to the commentary book view either in the stable version or in 5.0.0.1479.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

It is true that saving/restoring a layout does not save/restore the active control.
Costas
kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

csterg wrote:It is true that saving/restoring a layout does not save/restore the active control.
Would it be possible to add that extra bit of convenience?
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

I tried to do it but it is far more complex than a little fix, sorry.
kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

csterg wrote:I tried to do it but it is far more complex than a little fix, sorry.
OK. It would have been convenient but thanks for trying. Keep up the great work.
kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

I just realized I can press ctrl-f11 to force focus to go to the Bible view. That will do OK for me. Thanks for all these nifty shortcuts. I pays to review the manual occasionally.