Why do some user commentaries link incorrectly?

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
ErikJon

Why do some user commentaries link incorrectly?

Post by ErikJon »

Hi, guys.

I have lots of 300+ commentary modules installed, especially commentaries on only one book of the Bible, and not all of them link correctly to the Bible text, although most of them do. If I click on a verse like Matthew 28:19, my Anderson commentary on Hebrews becomes highlighted on the module list, and even opens to the topic on Hebrews 9. My module on 1 John also does the same. Meanwhile, almost all of the other commentary modules correctly link to Matt 28:19 or else to chapter 28.

Incidentally, today I created a module set with all book-commentaries loose without any folders to put them in. Strange thing. Five minutes after noticing the problem described above, the highlighting disappeared from all but three modules (which correclty linked), and now the others are not linked to any part of Matthew. Could it be that TW spends five minutes searching through to find out which modules match and which do not? Remember that I have 300+ commentaries for it to sort through.

More common than this problem is when I am in Bibleview, I click on a verse, and then click on a tab to see a drop-down list of commentaries that have related comments. I choose one of those, but instead of opening to the comment linked to that verse, it shows an unrelated comment on another verse. But if I re-click on the verse in Bibleview, the commentary window suddenly shows the correct comment on that verse from that module. This happens often, but I have not taken the time to write down all of the modules involved.

Some of the problems that I encounter, which I have mentioned on the forum, have not always met with a good explanation, making me wonder whether or not my config.ini file may have become corrupted over the years. When I upgrade, I continue to use the same config.ini file, so as not to lose some important settings. It would be nice if there were some kind of utility to purge the file of any inconsistencies, so that I would not have to use a clean new file and risk losing some of my important preferences and module sets.
I'm an Independent Baptist running TheWord portable v 5.0.0.1481 from an external 500GB hard drive with over 1,900 modules installed and loaded in my current module set. I'm using 32-bit Vista Ultimate SP1 with a 2.7gHz processor and 4GB RAM.