Copy Verse List from Search

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
John45

Copy Verse List from Search

Post by John45 »

I have done a search that brings up eleven verses. I have been trying to discover how to copy all of these as a list (with their text) to the clipboard using the setup I have in the Copy Verses dialogue so I can paste it into MS Word. I have searched the Help and didn't find the answer. I click on the first verse to highlight it and then ctrl-a to select all of them. There is a note, when clicking on the margin above the window that says "Hold down CTRL for 'copy verse' dialog". I can't get it to work. How do I make this work?
John
JG

Re: Copy Verse List from Search

Post by JG »

Hmm, It means to hold down ctrl and click on the menu item at the same time
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
WJSwanepoel

Post by WJSwanepoel »

Here is how I do it.

Select all verses as you describe (select one then Ctrl-a to select all), then right-click to get the pop-up selection screen to come up. Now hold the Ctrl key down while you click on "Copy all [x] verses from [y] selected books.... Ctrl+C" option. The Verse Copy Management screen will pop up.
John45

Post by John45 »

Thanks for the answers. Using WJSwanepoel's method worked. I think what's confusing is that to the right of the "Copy all (##) verse(s)", it says "Ctrl-C", but you cannot hold down the ctrl key and press ctrl-c at the same time. Evidently, what is meant is to highlight the verses in the search and press ctrl-c. Then while holding down the ctrl key, click on the menu selection. This was just not clear to me from the information given.
Perhaps the notation could be modified to make this apparent to the user. Anyway, thanks for your help.
John