Copy dialog (No verse reference 'Step 4' for single verses)

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
Bonacello

Copy dialog (No verse reference 'Step 4' for single verses)

Post by Bonacello »

Hello together

Situation
I've configured the copy dialog the following way:

Step 3:
Footnote (%r)

Step 4:
Before each verse: %v

Advanced Options:
No verse reference ('Step 4') for single verses

I'm getting the following result, with which I'm happy with:

[Copy 1 verse with the copy dialog]
The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. (Gen 1,2)

[Copy multiple verses with the copy dialog] (Here, with the number before each verse as I wanted it.
2 The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. 3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. (Gen 1,2-3)

Problem
When I copy by Keyboard (with verse monitor CTRL + SHIFT + V) having another program (like Word) open, it doesn't work that well. Reason: It doesn't involve/include 'Step 3'. Therefore, I can't unfortunately use the advanced option.

[Copy 1 Verse with verse monitor]
The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

[Copy multiple verses with verse monitor]
2 The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. 3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

Missing part: (%r) from 'Step 3' Footnote.

I hope anyone can help me out here. Don't know why this is like that.

BTW: I've worked in IT, so I should able to adjust code lines.

Greetings from Switzerland
Bonacello
Attachments
Yeah, program in German, but to understand the issue that shouldn't be a problem, I guess.
Yeah, program in German, but to understand the issue that shouldn't be a problem, I guess.
TW.png (34 KiB) Viewed 1387 times
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Copy dialog (No verse reference 'Step 4' for single vers

Post by csterg »

Hello Bonacello and welcome,
unfortunately there is no way to do that.
theWord provides the ability to copy verse from several places, but from some of these places the options are hard-coded. Such a place is the 'paste from the clipboard monitor'. The hard-coded options there have no footer.
The best approach here would be to have a copy profile for each place where the 'copy verse' function is offered from within theWord, but even this would be quite complex for the end user.
For now, your only solution is to use a the 'Copy Verses dialog' to do that,
Costas
Bonacello

Re: Copy dialog (No verse reference 'Step 4' for single vers

Post by Bonacello »

Hi Costas
Thank you for your quick reply.
That is a pity.
Because I mostly use the the copy function by the verse monitor (from other programs), I don't see a way right now how to do it.
It is just confusing that the copy dialog is somehow connected with CTRL + SHIFT + V, but it is not in that way connected that I could influence/adjust it.
But anyway. Thank you.