Find recent topic (search/sort by date)

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
JDalrymple

Find recent topic (search/sort by date)

Post by JDalrymple »

In user created book modules I would like to find the date a topic was created. Is that possible? More detail below.

Because I sometimes get my user created modules out of sync between two devices running theWord, I would like to locate topics that have been recently changed in a book, dictionary or commentary. Is there any way to search by date or sort by date using a SQL utility. Is date information even stored by topic entry?

—Jim
JG

Re: Find recent topic (search/sort by date)

Post by JG »

I am not sure if having the file in OneDrive would work?
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
JDalrymple

Post by JDalrymple »

No Onedrive doesn't solve the problem, I use something like OneDrive to sync my files before and after I use theWord. If I forget to sync, then I can end up with changes made to the same file on both PC's. If I could find the last change in the file, I could cut and paste between files.
JG

Post by JG »

OneDrive automatically syncs changed files doesn't it? So it won't forget.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
JDalrymple

Post by JDalrymple »

I'll have to look into how automatic syncing works in Onedrive; but I would still like to be able to check the created or modified date on a topic. There have been several occasions when it would have been helpful to know when I added a topic.